“Odd Duck”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It's like Silicon Valley's rendition of a dive bar for soccer moms, and I don't mean that as a slam or anything. The inside is surprisingly well kept and well lit. The crowd is eclectic and low key. I like it, even if I do always feel tempted to rip the Google Glasses off of some people there.

The prices are a little bit on the high side, but everything I've tried has been high quality and delicious. I'd even go so far as to describe the brisket selections as good values because of the mounds of meat that you get. The hamburgers...not so much a good value, in my opinion, but hey they're pretty good. I don't know if the fries are worth the upcharge for the upgrade from the standard chips. At that point, might as well just get a basket of fries and have both.

It's not the cheapest option, but if you get sticker shock, just go outside and check out the gas prices at the Chevron kitty corner to the Goose. That'll make you feel lots better about the $9 you just dropped on a burger.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The Dutch goose is a fairly average beer and burger place. Free peanuts for happy hour and peanut shells on the floor. In the summer, the tiny open area in the back is great. Patrons are a mix of the Silicon Valley crowd and stanford students.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Dutch Goose is one of the few remaining "neighborhood" burger joints remaining in the area. Feeding hundreds or so a night on hamburgers, cheeseburgers and (more recently) turkey burgers and salads, this institution truly packs 'em in during Stanford games and little league and soccer seasons. The food is OK and not outrageously priced, though they load up their burgers with so much you can barely distinguish the presence of meat, in my opinion. A major, life-changing event occurred a few years ago when they spruced up the interior (a little) and added French fries in lieu of tiny packets of potato chips. The fries are good, too. My personal recommendation for seating if you're a party of just one or two) is just inside the front door. You have the best view of the sports channels that are always on and you can also see first-hand a top short order cook at work--a remarkable feat that incorporates keeping 20-30 separate plates a-spinning. The "Goose" now has a full bar on the back deck, in all kinds of weather. I've sat next to celebrities, watched chugging contests, observed baseball and soccer kids get awards--it's an ever-changing confusion of a restaurant, but somehow, about 9-10 times a year, I find myself going there. They sell steamed clams as well as burgers, but I have yet to put my mark on those. And in fairness, they've added a lot to the menu that not surprisingly is directed right at soccer dads and moms.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Grew up eating their burgers, Louisiana hot sausage, daily specials and deviled eggs. They've added a few things including a bar in the back outside. A Menlo Park classic!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

You know a place is good when is full of local people, well, this time I can't share their opinion.
The place is always full, it is not easy to get a parking place even if they have their own parking space. The place is loud, very loud, so forget about coming here if you don't like this kind of places. In my opinion food is not outstanding and neither cheap, besides, the place looks filthy... but as I said, locals love this place, maybe you should try yourself?? I don't know :)))