“I always order plain pancakes. I like the pancakes. Becareful! it is so big.”
Review of Stacks

Stacks
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I always order plain pancakes. I like the pancakes. Becareful! it is so big.

Reviewed November 24, 2008

We visited stacks in an attempt at a change from the hospital cafeteria food. I had heard that Stacks had good breakfast items and was encouraged by their logo of a stack of pancakes. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed. I was looking for your typical breakfast fare, pancake with eggs and sausage. The pancakes were barely edible, large and mushy and did not come with a choice of any sides. My husband and I ended up ordering items a la carte to create this simple combination. The apple wood sausage was very good, but the hash browns, pancakes and eggs were terrible! It's hard for me to imagine how such simple food could be ruined so badly.
Our young waitress was very pleasant, however we found her to be unhelpful and condescending. By the 20th time we heard her refer to each customer as "dear' we were ready to run screaming from the restaurant!
Overall, for the money and time we spent at the restaurant, I would have preferred the hospital cafeteria food!

Reviewed October 26, 2008

The food is no better than Denny's but, being in downtown Menlo Park, very expensive. The atmosphere is "family restaurant" with screaming children running wild. If you happen to have young children and need to be in Menlo Park then this is for you. There are many, many local places that have superior breakfast food and atmosphere.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 30, 2008

perfect for families

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 14, 2008

best breakfast in the bay area by far. overindulgent, yes, but you can cut back if you're trying to watch your weight with lower calorie/carb options. Macadamia coconut pancake is to die for! Get there later on weekends (around noon or later) to avoid the lines.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook