“Great Hotel, Excellent Service and Location”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pasadena, California
“Great Hotel, Excellent Service and Location”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in the Silicon Valley and having tried many, I find myself always returning to this wonderful hotel. The service is fantastic, the rooms well appointed and comfortable, and the restaurant absolutely top-notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Valhallapix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stanford Park Hotel is a fantastic place to stay. I spent 3 days there last December, traveling for business, and I have only the best things to say about it. The rooms are spotless clean, they are well furnished for a business trip, and they are kept in top shape by the wonderful staff of the hotel. The personnel of the hotel are VERY helpful, gentle, and go out of their way to understand what you are looking for.

I would happily stay there in the future, and I heartily recommend it to everyone who travels near the Menlo Park and Palo Alto area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Netherlands
Reviewed March 12, 2013

A quiet oasis that is cleverly tucked away just of El Camino. Convenient access to Stanford University and/or the Stanford Shopping Center. The atmosphere of the hotel is charming and the rooms are luxurious. We particularly liked that most of the rooms overlook the court yard.

The only minus we can think of is that the pool is rather small and separated by just a brick wall from El Camino, so not very tranquil .

Room Tip: you want a court yard view room, stay away from the (few) rooms facing the railroad tracks
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcel343
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently enjoyed another stay at the Stanford Park Hotel, and it remains on of my favorites in the world. Combining luxury with comfort, the "country" feel of fireplaces, stone and natural wood, is enhanced by luxury appointments including furnishings, flower arrangements, and room amenities. What really stands out, however, is the professionalism and genuine friendliness of the staff. Whether this reflects selectivity in hiring, fantastic training, or a combination of both, the result is an atmosphere of warmth and attention that should appeal to both the weary business traveler and the relaxed vacationer.
I'll definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Train noise makes its way down the chimney in rooms with fireplaces. Not a disturbance, but just be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I can recommend this hotel as being very handy to Stanford University and Hospitals, and the shopping mall. It seems very responsive to the needs of business travellers and others. I didn't see anyone getting delayed in checkout each morning, even at very early times. Good service at the desk, the bar and restaurant, pleasant layout. Wi-fi was very good although not technically free (included in a resort style charge). The rooms are a little older, but mine was very neat, very spacious, and clean, no issues : it is not trying to be a 5 star inner city place, but I believe it is around the best in this particular area. Perhaps some of the rooms could be noisy depending on the courtyard chatter, and north facing rooms will cop some Caltrain hooters / whistles. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations of a genuine, authentic and comfortable hotel. We are constantly upgrading our product and we have a multimillion dollar renovation commencing later this year. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our new improvements.
Patrick
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The wonderfully sophisticated luxury Stanford Park Hotel is not just for business. Located across the street form Stanford Mall and minutes form Palo Alto the hotel is a perfect refuge in the Silicon Valley. While visiting my daughter at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital I stayed in room 301, huge, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful, I'd like to come back for a romantic weekend soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Stanford Park is still my favorite hotel in the area. But the rooms are dated and it needs investment. Simple things such as lack of electrical outlets. The service and staff are friendly and good. I have never had a bad stay. It offers the opportunity to work or read outdoors in a quite courtyard in winter or by the pool in summer which I particularly relish.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the impression that we have made. We have been working for quite some time on the guestroom designs with the intent of incorporating more ergonomic and productivity features as well as comfort and warmth.

The hotel has undergone a number of upgrades as we strive to continually upgrade our product relevant to our guest's needs. Most recently we have upgraded much of the infrastructure including the wireless internet, computer systems, restaurant, event spaces, roof and fitness center. Our hotel car is a 2013 Cadillac Escalade, and we now have bicycles available to borrow free of charge.

The next stages of renovations include the bar and the guestrooms. We are designing custom furnishings appropriate to the classic, yet stylish motif of the property.

I am sorry that we have made you feel as if we are not concerned about your comfort in every way possible and I can assure you that our continued investments will eliminate any thoughts that the property is anything less than excellent and deserving of your business and loyalty.

Please contact me directly because I’d appreciate speaking to you personally and learning anything I can regarding how we can make our rooms the absolute best they can be.

Appreciatively,
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!