“Not just for business!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Not just for business!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The wonderfully sophisticated luxury Stanford Park Hotel is not just for business. Located across the street form Stanford Mall and minutes form Palo Alto the hotel is a perfect refuge in the Silicon Valley. While visiting my daughter at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital I stayed in room 301, huge, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful, I'd like to come back for a romantic weekend soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Stanford Park is still my favorite hotel in the area. But the rooms are dated and it needs investment. Simple things such as lack of electrical outlets. The service and staff are friendly and good. I have never had a bad stay. It offers the opportunity to work or read outdoors in a quite courtyard in winter or by the pool in summer which I particularly relish.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the impression that we have made. We have been working for quite some time on the guestroom designs with the intent of incorporating more ergonomic and productivity features as well as comfort and warmth.

The hotel has undergone a number of upgrades as we strive to continually upgrade our product relevant to our guest's needs. Most recently we have upgraded much of the infrastructure including the wireless internet, computer systems, restaurant, event spaces, roof and fitness center. Our hotel car is a 2013 Cadillac Escalade, and we now have bicycles available to borrow free of charge.

The next stages of renovations include the bar and the guestrooms. We are designing custom furnishings appropriate to the classic, yet stylish motif of the property.

I am sorry that we have made you feel as if we are not concerned about your comfort in every way possible and I can assure you that our continued investments will eliminate any thoughts that the property is anything less than excellent and deserving of your business and loyalty.

Please contact me directly because I’d appreciate speaking to you personally and learning anything I can regarding how we can make our rooms the absolute best they can be.

Appreciatively,
Patrick
(650) 322-1234
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Stanford Park Hotel two nights. The first night was uneventful. However, I woke up the after second night around 6:30am to the sound of vacuuming that sounded like it was right outside my door. I gave up trying to sleep when it didn't stop. Then I went into the bathroom and discovered there was raw sewage in my bath tub! Apparently the pipes had backed up into my shower. Thoroughly disgusted and now really annoyed, I called the front desk. They did not apologize or offer any solution other than to tell me they know about the "water" (umm no --sewage!) in the tubs and that the engineers would be by to vacuum it out. Well, I have to get to work and I really am not interested in taking a shower that contained sewage without it first getting a serious bleaching. So I check out and of course they do not ask how my stay was cause they know damn well it was terrible, so I say, "I didn't get to take a shower this morning." The guy barely mutters a "sorry" and just asks if I want to keep it on my card. I can tell they could care less and really just want to get me out. They print out the bill and I'm shocked they charged me full price. So I tell them I shouldn't have to pay full price. The "manager" then steps in and says "I can take $75 off." This is not even a third of the bill but it's something so I say fine. I tell him "I'm really surprised" and he basically starts arguing with me saying this is not normal. Well, it still happened and rather than try to make it right by giving me a room to shower in or a discount they just put on their pretentious airs and act like I'm the one inconveniencing them. I will never, ever stay here again, and I am in the area at least two nights a month for work. They just lost my business and everyone I work with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DawnSD80
Seattle
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Checked in for just one night having made a reservation on Expedia the same day. Reception was very polite and when it took them a few minutes to find our reservation, they were apologetic and offered us an upgrade to a suite w/ a fireplace. The fireplace room was huge, clean, and like the hotel nicely maintained, tastefully decorated. It is the quintessential gracious college town hotel. Fitness room was clean and well equipped. Hospitable touches like fresh baked cookies, tea and coffee at 9pm and plenty of easy parking made it a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthropologie
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Came here with my husband who had a seminar at Stanford. Lobby and guest rooms were lovely, restaurant was great, staff was friendly and courteous. Close to Stanford shopping center with many stores including Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Delicious cookies and tea were served each night in the lobby. Loved this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, but away from the stairs to the lobby. It was very quiet and nice...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have just returned from the Adaptive Planning Global Partner Forum which was held in the Stanford Park Hotel - where we stayed for 3 nights - from the moment we booked in on line through to our departure it was an excellent experience of both service and hospitality.

Nothing appeared to be a problem - I mailed in advance requesting advise on where I could purchase a Kindle Reader locally and one of the girls went to the trouble of conducting some research and responding to me - now that is what I call service......

The bedroom was quite large with excellent sound proofing from the noise of the busy El Camino Real which runs right past the front door, it was spotlessly clean and well supplied including a torch in case of emergency (which I have never seen before in Europe).

Food was excellent although all of our meals where part of the conference package but we did manage to have breakfast in the restaurant on our first morning.

The desk staff where very helpful in particular when our flight was delayed due to snow in the UK, making calls on our behalf to the airport.

The hotel itself is a short walk from Stanford Shopping Centre and Palo Alto main street.

Would I return - you bet ya.

Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here for a business conference. The hotel rooms were awesome! Mine was on the second floor and you could hear lobby noise (because of the high ceiling in the lobby which extended to floor 2) in the hallway, but nothing in my room once I closed the door. Bed was comfy, room was quiet and clean. Fitness center was really good. Food provided for the conference was tasty, except for anything seafood related. The shrimp was nasty tasting, as was the calamari, but everything else (chicken, dessert, side dishes) tasted really good.

Great location to lots of stuff in Menlo Park which is all easily walkable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Menlo Park
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!