“Great atmosphere, nice rooms, great restaurant”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I like this hotel. It is very convenient to downtown Palo Alto, you can walk there for restaurants and shopping. The rooms are big and the beds comfortable. The hotel is right near the cal-train line so ask for a room not facing that, though the trains are not that frequent and don't seem to run much during the night. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms are large with quaint finishes and all kinds of special touches. The beds are among the most comfortable that I have slept in. The restaurant and bar are homely with good food, wine and drinks served in a friendly manner

The location is good, opposite the Stanford Mall, but a little walk to downtown Palo Alto, though there is a complimentary town car service to locations within a 3 miles radius.
I enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great hotel, we had been here 10 years ago and it is even better. Kind service, very good beds in spacious rooms and a very good restaurant serving meals until late at night. Certainly the best place to stay near Stanford and Palo Alto

Room Tip: Rooms towards the patio can be more quiet but I stayed on the side of the street and heard no noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eduardo O
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a high school reunion. The school got us a pretty decent rate so that helped as I understand this place isn't cheap. Everyone on staff was either helpful, friendly or both. I had a problem with the mini-bar not having the refrigerator working and they were at my door with one that was fully stocked and cold within 10 or 15 minutes. The room I had was great, with a very comfortable king bed. I used both the swimming pool and hot tub and they were both very well maintained and clean. My only objection, and a minor one at that, would be that there is no clock in the pool area. One would be nice. I can't think of any reason not to give this place a 5/5.
One bonus of this place is is proximity to Stanford shopping center. I took a walk over when I had some time and this place sure has changed. It was fun walking all through the place as well as the perimeter.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are somewhat dark but have a lot more privacy. Rooms 168-172 are very close to th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Winedude49,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent reunion and for your thoughtful and kind feedback. Your suggestion of a clock outside by the pool and hot tub is a great one. Be assured that there will be one there on your next visit back!

Warmest regards,

Patrick Lane

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed several times in the Stanford Park Hotel. Every time I experienced excellent service, very nice food and pleasant, spacious rooms. I particularly like the public spaces at the Stanford Park which are comfortable, encouraging guests to linger. The interior courtyard is a real standout. However, the decor in the hotel has not been updated in some time, so the rooms look rather tired. I recommend the Stanford Park without hesitation, but I would suggest that management consider updating the decor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Checked in at the last moment. Excellent staff and accommodations. They helped plan business trip to downtown San Francisco via train to avoid morning rush traffic. Breakfast was great. The hotel gave a general feeling of peacefulness. I plan to stay here or at other of their hotels in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OhOgain
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been on a business trip to san francisco and we stayed in this hotel. small chain in the US. great service as usual in the US, really nice breakfast, you have free wifi offered and nice location as well although far from San Francisco

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KJ K
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear KJ,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your observations regarding the interior design. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied and we look forward to your next visit.

We endeavor to continuously improve everything we do and everything we offer to satisfy our guests. With this in mind I am pleased to say that during each visit you will notice enhancements which convey this philosophy. Over the course of the next year we will show you evidence of this through our event space upgrades and an extensive redesign of our sleeping room decor as well.

We will maintain a distinguished appearance however refine both the appearance and technology infrastructure that the Stanford Park Hotel is know for.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to improving your experiences every time you visit.

Patrick

Hotel Lucent
Hotel Lucent
#2 of 11 in Menlo Park
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!