Hotel Lucent
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$179
$152
Menlo Park Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$171
$165
Rosewood Sand Hill(Menlo Park)
$645
Hotels.com
Hotel Nia(Menlo Park)
$335
$302
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$319
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$284
$264
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
$229
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfire pitstanford universitystarbucks machinehuge hot tubgreat coffee and teapalo altosilicon valleygreat location for visitingsafeway supermarketupdated hotelroom was nicely appointedping pong tablefrequent travelermodern designbreakfast was amazingreception deskuber ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Exiled from my home because of extensive structure damage, i needed a convenient comfortable place to stay while reconstruction was going on. Got a room with a kitchenette and added the adjoining room for convenience. Both rooms were large and comfortable. Kitchenette had large fridge, two-burner flat-topped stove, stainless sink. A major advantage is the location. a huge Safeway is next door and many really good restaurants and the Stanford Mall are within walking distance.. The price was reasonable and a good value. Highly recommended for anyone in a similar predicament. I found management to be quite congenial and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011
6  Thank jhmenlopark
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I have stayed at the Mermaid Inn several times through out the year and have been content every single stay. The price for the rooms is well below that of neighboring hotels. The facility had seen several renovations of both rooms and exterior. Rooms 29 and 30 are gorgeously tiled and the wall painting while eco-friendly is also very soothing. The hotel is located on a main street (El Camino Real) for which some noise can be expected, however in their renovations they have installed double pane windows which reduce the noise. (This hotels is considered historic, as such it still has many of its original structure). Based on my frequent and long stays I can state it's well worth it for the prices offered. To begin, being that this business is family owned the lobby does close at 11pm, this hours are clearly stated on the website, as such arriving after this time will not guarantee check-in unless previously arranged. The rooms are non-smoking as the Mermaid Inn takes in many Stanford patients, this is a BIG plus. Being that the hotels is close to Stanford University, they do receive students particularly in June & September. While many are very respectful of the fact that there is Stanford patients residing, on occasion they receive a group of rowdy students and parents. The lobby has been renovated with a beautiful breakfast area which serve continental breakfast. The pool is a nice little addition during the summer. Parking is free and they recently started renting out bikes which is great for touring around the University. There is a Safeway located next door which is great for picking up a sandwich on the go as well as a Peet's and Starbucks located on both sides. Overall, my stays have been great, the staff are friendly an as accommodating within reason. Would definitely continue to stay here....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank travelingontheroad
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I came down here with my friend, who was taking a metal smithing course in the area. We drove down from Canada, and were very excited to spend some time in the area. Because of the long drive, we arrived late in the night; or rather early in the am. We had booked a room for that night and the next 2 days. When we arrived late and exhausted, as well as very happy to crawl into a bed, the motel office was obviously closed. When we tried to ring the night bell, no one came. Pretty much delirious we decided to sleep in the parking lot in the car; rather than drive around an area we did not know at all to find another motel. Upon our check in in the am, the woman was rude and annoyed with us. We crawled into bed in VERY cold room. Throughout the next day or two upon passing, the woman would glare at us everytime we would walk by. On day two we noticed a note on the door requesting we speak with the manager, and also noticed that our bed had been made. The manager accused us of smoking in the room and threatened to fine us $250.00. We absolutely did not smoke in our room. Admittedly we are both smokers, but do not even smoke in our own homes, and had been smoking outside our room. Because there was no ashtrays to be seen, we were putting our cigarette butts in an old smoke pack.When we tried to explain that that was probably what they were smelling in our room the woman became even more rude with us and told me that I was lying and her room maid was not. Interesting enough we found the smoke pack with cigarette butts that we had thrown in the garbage on the table in our room. So they were also going through our garbage and who knows what else. We have had to cancel the credit card that we gave them for the room, especially after reading the other reviews, as we are sure they are going to try to get more money out of us someway.DO NOT STAY HERE OR GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. THIS REVIEW IS NOT THE ONLY ONE I FOUND, AND I WISH I HAD READ THEM BEFORE I CAME.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank kimmykarolyn
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The price seemed fair until I seen the room! The beds are not queens. They are only full size. The photographer was great with photo shop. If u get what I mean. They were doing construction so the power kept going off and on. The light switch for the bathroom had a short. The door knob in the bathroom was loose and didn't work right. The room was clean and I didn't find bed bugs which was the only good thing about this place

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank lonsher63
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed there for 3 days in April 2010. Given the cheap price everything was acceptable BUT several day after I left the hotel they(hotel managers) stolen USD100 from my credit card. They explained this by telling me that I've stolen towels from the room.

Bottom line: never stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business