“What a disappointment!”
Review of Cook's Seafood

Cook's Seafood
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: We are a seafood restaurant and market in Menlo Park that has been delivering fresh, quality seafood since 1928.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My adult son and I shared a quick lunch at Cook's. What a disappointment it was! What a missed opportunity! This fast food restaurant was on par with Long John Silver's.

1  Thank sydeee

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Cook's has always delivered great fried fish and shellfish, but now they also offer Oysters on the half shell from the fish market next door. This has improved the experience for me 100%!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

As a local, I come here when I have guests over and want the perfect cut of fish to grill to impress.

When the salmon season or crab season is running, these guys have the best of the best. I take it home and cook it up there.

The fish and chips is very solid. Not like the best of north England cod, but quite good - same style. Atmosphere is not the kind of place you would linger, kind of stuck in a strip mall. There are a few other places around with good fish. Peninsula Creamery makes a very decent fish and chips, and jonathan's does catfish in the gulf coast, african-american style.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

the fish (crab and shrimp) were super fresh, but the ambience of the place is a little like an ampm mini mart. it seems like there are a lot of regulars and lots of take out but it was well lit and seemed safe.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was a glutton my first time here.. I got the clam chowder (yum), the crab salad (yum) and the fish and chips - one piece of halibut - which was plenty. There were tons of fries, and extra tartar sauce, as I requested. The place is uber casual.. sweats and a t-shirt would not be out of place. The staff was super friendly, and explained all the food options. I got carry out and it was well packaged for the trip back to my hotel. If I thought my waistline could handle repeated visits, I'd go back in a minute!