Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to Piccolo a couple of times with my wife and the food was amazing every time. Their Fiocchetti Con Pere was some of the best pasta I have ever had and I have been all over Italy. Service was amazing, as well, they always made sure you pronounced the dish correctly, which was nice. I am sad to see that they are not there. Does anyone know if they have moved to somewhere else?

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

I wish half stars were an option. This was better than 3 stars, but maybe not quite 4. We sat outside as one person had their dog. It was a bit close to the street, with no separation, but other than people watching you eat as they drove by, it wasn’t too bad. The waitress brought the dog his own water right away which was appreciated. We also received water haha... The menu was not overwhelming but had decent choices. I opted for the eggplant Parmesan and it was probably the best I’ve ever had - it was texturally perfection and very flavorful. A friend ordered the pesto pasta and unfortunately found it very bland. The waitress was super busy and didn’t get back to us very promptly, as a touch of salt might’ve made all the difference for the pasta dish, but there were no shakers/wait staff to be found. The prices were reasonable for the area. I’d go back for the eggplant parm and creamy mozzarella appetizer.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed April 17, 2019

This is a family restaurant with good, solid, generally uneventful food. The family part is important. They will make you whatever you want and they will adjust their dishes to be what you like, so don't hold back. They charged no corkage and made a half dish of a pasta at our request. The branzino was excellent. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

This place sits about 30 inside and has tables for about 6 outside. They have a small bar and a limited wine list. They started us off with warm bread and oil and vinegar. We ordered the Burrata Salad, the salad was small but the Burrata was chilled and fresh. The Picolo salad with Gorgonzola was ok. The Eggplant Parmigiana was excellent and the Penne Peproncino was spicy and good. We shared two desserts. The Tiramisu was good and the Gelato Chocalato was rich and creamy and delicious. If you live in Menlo Park or Palo Alto you should stop by and have dinner.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is place that has good, simple Italian food at reasonable prices. Their tortellini with prosciutto, peas and cream sauce is fantastic. Their soup of the day also has been good every time I have ordered it. Their wine selection is small but serviceable. Also their cannoli is very good. The service is also good. Strongly recommended/

Date of visit: July 2018