“Good food BUT WORST EVER SERVICE”
Review of Left Bank

Left Bank
Reserve with OpenTable
Left Bank is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Doyle
Transit: The Caltrans stops only two blocks away.
Description: Left Bank is an authentic French brasserie celebrating Mediterranean Cuisine. Located in Menlo Park's charming downtown, Left Bank transports guests to a quaint brasserie in Paris. Open since 1998 and completely re-modeled in 2008, Left Bank offers a casual, charming brasserie setting where diners feast upon classic southern French cuisine. Our outdoor sidewalk cafe seating evokes a lively European atmosphere and is the perfect place for just an appetizer and beer or a 3-course meal with a beautiful bottle of wine. Whether it's at our sidewalk table, the gorgeous glass-walled bar, or in the casually elegant main dining room, you'll enjoy a fun & french experience. Thirteen years of working with local organic farms allows us to bring you the best seasonal ingredients available. Chef de Cuisine Steven Catalano offers an always changing menu focused on Southern French Cuisine.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I arrived pretty early to the restaurant, ordered a main course and a glass of wine
The main course arrived about 25' later
I was trying to get the attention of the waiter for ordering some cheese, I have waited 15'
Then I ordered some cheese, the cheese plate was delivered to me again 20' after,,,, without a knife and a fork to eat it !!!!
During the total time I was not been proposed to have more water or anything else, no courtesy.
I had to stand-up again for requesting my receipt,,,,,

Good food BUT WORST EVER SERVICE

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food is very good and so is the service but too noisy for my taste. This place has a decidedly French atmosphere. However, not great for serious conversations

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Upon arrival on a special occasion with advance reservations at 5:00, we were directed to a small table, and refused a reasonable request for one, of many (all) open booths - as held for the regular 5:30 patrons. By 6:00, when departing, all but one booth was occupied. Disgraceful, & my respectful request for a manager to contact me has gone weeks now without acknowledgement. The food was very good, however, the service, insulting at best - suspecting as didn't order any $20 - $30 glasses of mediocre wine. Would never return.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Consistently good. I really like their steak frites and tuna salad. It's always busy and you need to reserve.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I dined here with a group of about 10 people. The place was busy and noisy and had a pretty good vibe about it: an energetic atmosphere all round. The service was prompt but lacked any real finesse or style. It's not the kind of place I would visit for a special or intimate meal.

On to the food. It wasn't bad, but there was little especially French about it, apart from what was written on the menu. I had an asparagus starter which was quite delicious, but it wasn;t particularly French. Same goes for my main course of poached salmon in a light dill-type dressing. Again, pretty good, but there was little to anchor it to French cuisine, save for some French beans! To be honest I had expected some more bistro, rustic, type food but it just didn't happen. The food was good and the wines pleasant, and perhaps that is more than enough.