“It's places like this that baffle me as to why I don't live and breathe Chinese food.”
Review of Phil's Kitchen

Phil's Kitchen
Ranked #87 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese, Hawaiian
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We came here at about 8:30 pm after a long day of marathon mimosas, and it was the perfect fix for everything that was hurting. We ordered the black mushrooms with bean curd and the eggplant in garlic sauce, along with the vegetable fried rice. The eggplant was phenomenal, totally craveable, in this sweet and spicy kind of sauce, and the fried rice was completely excellent as well. Really eggy, with plenty of tasty vegetables in it. The mushrooms had a huge amount of ginger, which isn't my favorite, but my fiance was happy to finish the leftovers the next day!

The service was a little slow, but they were trying to fill a huge order for the Stanford football team and seemed justifiably flustered. Plus, they were nice enough to let us take some cans of Diet Coke when we tried to get some from the fountain and it was flatter than an Olympic gymnast.

The entire dinner, with drinks, was about $28, and was easily enough for four people with serious appetites. Would love to go back on a night when we're not competing with the Stanford football team!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had Hawaiian BBQ from Phi's Treasure Pot for my son's birthday party at the park. Everything was great! Almost everybody had seconds and there was very few leftovers. Phil took very good care of us and our order. He handled and packed the food for us and made sure that we had everything we needed for the party. Overall, it was a great experience!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Finally reconnected with Phil and found him in his own restaurant!! It's awesome Hawaiian BBQ and Chinese food. ALL WITHOUT MSG! That alone should make you go! The variety is plentiful and you will not be disappointed. Kalua Pig and Lau Lau was good...the salt/pepper pork was a huge plate....I haven't tried everything, but I believe it will be just as good as the next order!