“Terrific Stay! Quiet, comfortable, and friendly.”
Review of Red Cottage Inn

Red Cottage Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Menlo Park
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We stayed at the Red Cottage Inn & Suites in early July 2008 and had a fabulous stay. The room was spacious with a comfortable king size bed, private patio, marble bathroom, mini refrigerator, microwave, large screen TV, and wireless internet. My daughter and I loved the bathroom soaps and lotions…an upgrade from the typical hotel chain toiletries. The hotel was quiet and most of the time we had the outdoor pool to ourselves. The fitness room has new equipment with tvs and offered a great way to maintain the workout routine while away from home. Also, everything was very clean--the room and the grounds. The BART transportation system is a short drive, which we used to get to San Francisco a few times during our stay. We enjoyed the breakfast, the nice selection of teas, and snacks available during the day. There is a Laundromat located a few minutes’ drive from the hotel. Palo Alto (about 10 minutes by car) has many restaurant options. The Cheesecake Factory is terrific and there is an excellent Jamaican Restaurant called Mango Caribbean Café that serves excellent authentic dishes. Also highly recommended in Palo Alto is Fraiche Yogurt, which serves organic yogurt that you will not find anywhere else. There is a Safeway grocery store nearby to buy those items for the refrigerator. The hotel staff gave great recommendations on activities and were always courteous and friendly asking how our day had gone. I would definitely stay here again. You will have a relaxing, enjoyable vacation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Skicatt

Reviewed September 13, 2008

We stayed here while undergoing a medical procedure in Redwood City.

The staff was super-friendly and very helpful. We got first rate service and guidance for restaurants and other sites nearby.
We were even able to get the color identification for the paint on the walls of our room from the management we like the decorating so much!

Everything about this little place was perfect! Quiet, clean, reasonable, good parking, close to stuff to do, everything worked, amenities and free cookies, coffee, water - the pool was great, wireless internet flawless and secure- you name it, this place had the perfect package!

I took my own pictures and will share if asked. This place is exactly as described!

Definately recommend and would return every time we are in the area!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StefaniesDad
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I travel often and am usually away from home for 2-3 months at a time. What a delight to find the Red Cottage Inn. It is unlike any of the places I usually stay (big chains, top-end hotels). I love that it is tucked back from the traffic, but I especially like the landscaping, including the huge Chestnut tree that seems to shelter the entire property. I was especially surprised to find a very clean, tastefully-designed room with an Eichler-style ceiling. And, I had my own nicely landscaped patio with a sliding glass door access. But, what really won me over was the great breakfast. I usually dread hotel breakfast, especially when they're included in the price. You usually have your choice of carbs, carbs, or carbs. But Red Cottage serves a choice of fresh hard boiled eggs, cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, an assortment of fresh breads, fruit, cereal, juice and good coffee. It's good, it's fresh and it's healthy.

I agree with others, from the outside the Red Garden Inn is very misleading. But, once you're on the property you start noticing the care that is given to the landscaping, you're greeted by warm, friendly people at check-in, and, the big surprise is how nice the room is.

I love this place and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank j2garcia
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I stayed at your motel last December(2007) and wanted
> to tell you that it was one of the most pleasant
> motel experiences I have ever had.
> Your staff was friendly and helpful -- and
> patient.
> My room was very clean and neat. The bed was
> comfortable, the shower had good heat and water
> pressure and the whole place was QUIET!
> I felt very safe there.
> Also the breakfast the next day was much more
> than I expected. A very nice selection of fresh
> food and quality items, great coffee and a
choice of juice.
I shared a room with a friend this time, but I would feel very comfortable arriving and staying here alone (I am a single woman).
Thank you for having such a nice place to stay!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank magicbeans
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I travel all over the US for business and have traveled overseas for vacation. This hotel was the biggest surprise yet. As I pulled into the parking lot I thought...motor lodge. I then logged into my laptop and attempted to book a chain hotel nearby. Instead I decided to stay the first night because of the cancelation fees. Once I walked into the room I knew I would stay the week. My room looks into a garden style pool area. The room is updated, very clean, and very comfortable. I am told that they are booked for the week but I cannot hear other guests. The wifi works amazingly well. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank kmq102
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This is my second stay at this hotel and I would always stay here. I am a business traveler and the office booked me into a larger chain hotel for this time. I stayed there one day and moved back to the Red Cottage Inn. The surroundings are pleasant, the staff is wonderful, and it is quiet. AND the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank soapdish47
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Chose this place after reading the good reviews. They were dead on. This place is a great find. Price is a bargain compared to other properties in the area.

On the outside it looks like a 2 star motel tucked away from the road, but soon you find it well kept. Obviously the owner takes pride in and pays attention to their property. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and cozy. The funishings are newer and not worn. I thought being near the commuter railroad tracks a few blocks away would create a noise problem, but it was not. You had to open the door and listen hard to hear a train.

Definitely would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Red Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!