“Great little place”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Menlo Park
Bend, Oregon
“Great little place”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've stayed here a few times on business and really enjoy it. The rooms are thoughtfully appointed and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and the breakfast that's included is just fine. It is quiet, set back from the street, and some of the rooms have small patios. Bath amenities are very nice. Staff are helpful and knowledgable. Close to Stanford and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, good shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sandy C
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you! Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 24, 2013

While this Inn will not be the most luxurious place to stay, this small hotel provides great rooms and excellent customer service. I locked myself out of my room twice and the staff gladly assisted. More importantly, I left personal items, including a gift, in my room when I checked out. The staff had collected the items and I had an email from the hotel even before my plane landed at home. They mailed the items back free of charged and the package arrived within days. It is great for business travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kykgrl
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to know that the package we mailed arrived safely. We look forward in welcoming you back for your future business travels.
Usa
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although the Red Cottage Inn is on the very busy street of El Camino Real, the property is set back from the road and allows for a good night's sleep. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfy. There's a nice pool and the gardens are maintained beautifully. There are lots of fancier hotels closer to the Stanford campus, but if you have a car, this place is a very good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable. We look forward in welcoming you back.
Minnesota
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is a 1950's style motor hotel that has had some updating. Almost anywhere else in the US, the rooms would go for $69/night. Because it's near Stanford/Palo Alto, it's signficantly more (athough its still relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels in the area). My room was updated, was clean, reasonably quiet, plastic stall shower, with free wifi that worked well; in other words "adequate". Free breakfast is in the check-in lobby, was pretty basic (adequate). Fitness center is small, "adequate". It's right off El Camino Real, the main drag through Silicon Valley. "Downtown" Menlo Park is about 1/2 mile away. While other reviewers seem to find this place charming, I did not. Having said that, it's a more afforable option in the area, while not being a flea-bag. It's OK to stay here (I would again) with appropriate expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are sorry to hear that your experience was just adequate and our services and amenities fell short of your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve everything we do and offer to satisfy our customers. With this is mind, we will be making upgrades on our breakfast selections, room amenities and overall look of the hotel. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to improving your experience every time you visit.
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The quality of the rooms was very surprising to me. I normally stay at one of the large chains because I travel frequently for business and belong to the loyalty programs. But as part of a several day stay in the Palo Alto area, I chose this hotel because of proximity to events. It was perfect! The room was incredibly comfortable and I liked that there was a patio so I could step outside for fresh air. The bed was every bit as comfortable as what I would expect in a Westin or Hilton. (I rarely get enough sleep when I travel so I am picky about comfortable beds). The breakfast wasn't much but all I really care about is coffee and there was plenty of that along with a Keurig machine in the room. There was also a microwave and refrigerator. Hotel is situated close to both the Atherton and Menlo Park stations for easy access into the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are delighted to know that you were able to enjoy the private patio. Thank you for your kind words!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our third extended stay at the Red Cottage Inn. We spent eight days over Christmas this year. Not much has changed since our first stay in 2009. Our room, with a king bed, was clean, warm and comfortable, despite the incessant rains that were pounding the area this year. The breakfast is quite adequate if you are light eaters like we are -- cereal, a nice selection of breads and pastries, yogurt, hard- boiled eggs, fresh fruit, milk, juice and coffee. And, even though we did not use it, the room had a Keurig coffee maker. Housekeeping was generally excellent throughout; one minor glitch was taken care of quickly and cheerfully. I found the on-site parking to be adequate; we were able to find a space very night, even when the lot was nearly full and we were late getting back to the motel. I might also add that, despite the heavy rains, drainage seemed to be very good on this property. I found many instances of fairly deep pooled water in streets and parking lots elsewhere in the area, but not here. Friendly staff. Very convenient to Menlo Park and Palo Alto and other nearby locations via El Camino Real.

Room Tip: While many reviewers seem to like the poolside rooms, I prefer the rooms out away from the pool, whe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we are happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay with us! We are continually trying to improve and upgrade our hotel and we are excited to let our guests know that for 2013 we will be upgrading our breakfast selections. Happy New Year and thank you for your patronage.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is in the heart of Silicon Valley. Just down the street from Stanford, Facebook and Google. It was half the price of everything else in site. The place was adequate and comfortable but not up to the $400 places down the street which would have $99 anywhere else., The room was clean and had all the amenities but was still lacking in things like a breakfast which was somewhat lacking. All in all worth the price.

Room Tip: It's a small place but up front close to the parking is best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park

Been to Red Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!