“An oldie but a goodie...”
Review of Menlo Park Inn

Menlo Park Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Menlo Park
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business this week and it was what I expected after visiting the website...a very nicely updated and remodeled motel. Don't get me wrong, the room was very clean and the updated touches were quite nice; but you can tell parts of this isn't a new motel. I'm glad my room was on the second floor because the squeaky floor joists would have driven me even more nuts listening to them of I had been on the first floor. The service was good at check in and check out and I never had any issues that I needed to engage then with. The free continental breakfast was ok as well. I liked the Kuereg coffee maker in the room, but was very disappointed that I only received a single coffee serving and it was never replaced by housekeeping after I used it. I've never been to a hotel that didn't replenish the in-room coffee supplies save for Kimpton where they only have communal coffee in the lobby. Road noise was a minor issue and easily resolved by turning the a/c on.

All in all, this is a clean, affordable little motel that has been updated, has good service, a decent free breakfast, is within walking distance of Santa Cruz Ave. (downtown Menlo Park).

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank snarlz

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Chic place, nice room. The bath amenities are great (blood orange scent).

Great location, easily walkable to a handful of restaurants.

Friendly staff.

Free breakfast and wifi.

Great value.

ps. if possible get a 2nd level room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

When I arrived my first thought was "why did they reserve a room for me in an old motel?" But, inside I found a reception area that was tiny but contemporary. A smallish room off of the office housed the free breakfast dining area. They had cookies and lemon water available every time I walked by. A nice touch. The room was fine. A fluffy queen size bed with lots of pillows. A small desk and chair, TV etc. The room (including the bathroom) was clean. I appreciated the free (!) Doritos and water they provided as well as the free sleeping mask and ear plugs. The room was fairly quiet and dark; I slept fine.

The free breakfast is your standard bagel/muffin/waffle assortment with coffee and juice.

I would stay here again.

Just as an FYI, cab fares to Menlo Park from the SFO airport are high! $100 (w/tip) there and $80 (with tip) back. Yikes! It is only 17 miles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stay here often and are always pleased. Family run by very attentive family. On El Camino Real but rooms are quiet and everything works. Free wifi. Always something to eat at breakfast.
Make your own waffles. When I loose something they always find it! Parking and bringing luggage to the room is always easy. Now I remember why they invented motels! Computer in lobby never very busy. Print out your bording pass.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet. try for ground floor if much luggage. Can walk to restaurants and Beltramos.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a lovely stay. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. It included a microwave, Tv, and Keurig machine. We would stay there again. They offer Dvds, wifi, dry cleaning, laundry service, and a nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rooms are nice and clean. Internet works great.

It is walking distance from Menlo station - Caltrain. There are excellent restaurants in downtown Menlo Park which is just two block away.

Good coffee, excellent breakfast. And the people are friendly and willing to please. I stayed there for 10 days once, they helped with my laundry.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from El Camino Real.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Menlo Park Inn is basically a regular motel, which was upgraded to resemble a 3 star property. From outside, it's a under $100/night motel, fronting El Camino Blvd. The rooms, however, are more of a Hilton class. Elegant furnishings; nice bathroom amenities. The service is very nice and friendly. Nice breakfast in the office.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Red Cottage Inn
Red Cottage Inn
#7 of 10 in Menlo Park
Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto

Been to Menlo Park Inn? Share your experiences!