Menlo Park Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$179
$152
$239
Hotels.com
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$319
Rosewood Sand Hill(Menlo Park)
$645
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
$184
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
$279
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
$229
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstarbucks coffeesleep maskmakeup removerstanford universitybottled watercaltrain stationyogurtshower capsilicon valleynice roomwalking distancecomplimentary breakfastmini fridgecomfortable roomsconvenient locationsan franciscoamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2012

All staff were informed of our special requests (very late check in, extra towels) and were courteous and helpful. It looks awful from the outside but the inside was clean and spacious. It is not a fancy hotel, but it met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Menlo Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

The outside won't look awful for long! We are looking forward to our exterior renovations that will be starting this summer. We are always happy to accommodate our guests and their needs as much as possible. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

But for a motel in the expensive Menlo Park/Palo Alto it's fine. It's a motel through and through, on a busy stretch of highway, unprepossessing. The first room they gave me was in a cave next to the ice machine but I asked for a room with more light and got one on the second floor that was fine. Breakfast (included) was surprisingly inclusive. The manager was very helpful with an Expedia snafu.
No restaurant and nothing that looked promising in the neighborhood. I went to Trader Joe's just down the street and got a microwavable Indian meal. Just right.
Not a place for the luxury seeker or even the casual vacationer but if you're looking for a place to sleep while traveling on business, especially if it's your own dime (self-employed), this is perfect.

Room Tip: Second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kbinnyc
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Menlo Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

I apologize for the room that you were originally placed in. The exterior look of our Inn will be renovated soon and will no longer have a motel reflection. If you are ever in the area again, I would love to give some recommendations for restaurants! Naomi Sushi (across from the Inn) was voted best sushi in all of Menlo Park and has received some amazing reviews from both Yelp! and our clients! I hope you will come visit again and have a more pleasant stay the second time around.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We booked two rooms. The king room looked good the double queen had issues. Stained carpet and chair, peeling wallpaper, holes in towels. Bed and sheets were like new, comfy beds. Staff very nice, but it seemed funny they would allow a stained desk chair and carpet. Maybe the room had not been detailed. Location good for being in Palo Alto. Resturant close by Jason's was terrific!

• Stayed: February 2012
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Menlo Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review us - we listen to each an every one of our guests in order to create a better experience at our inn. I do apologize for the issues you faced while staying with us. Rooms sometimes are cancelled but other guests and that is why our room availability can change from minute to minute. As far the room issues - we are having our staff go into the room you stayed in to take care of those problems. Again, we do apologize for your negative experience and do appreciate you bringing several issues to our attention. Thank you!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I booked this accommodation because it offered a reduced rate for two nights if attending a conference at Menlo College. The night I arrived was the day before the conference. I was charged double the conference rate for that night. I was told there were no rooms available on the second night of the conference. However, when I arrived to check in....surprise surprise there might be a room available. I had fortunately booked that night elsewhere and paid for it in advance. Unfortunately, I was unable to book any more nights at the other place, because I would have preferrred to stay there. I ended up staying 4 nights in total at Menlo Park Inn. The room smelled- the kind of smell that comes from a musty or mouldy bathroom. It was noisy- could hear other guests- walls seemed paper thin. Breakfast was not worth even looking at.
I was lucky enough to get one night at Red Cottages just down the road. I recommend that anyone staying in the area try there first. I certainly will be. I am likely to stay in the area twice per year for up to two weeks each time. I will be booking Red Cottages.

Room Tip: I doubt there is much difference between rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Anne Marie C

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Helpful and friendly staff and relatively quiet for the location. Older facility that is well maintained and updated, with pretty good amenities. Only suggestion I would make is to find something to clean the grout in the shower or re-grout. Will probably stay there again should the need arise.

Room Tip: get as far back as possible to get away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hunters101291
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Menlo Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate you bringing the grout to our attention. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and thanks to your input, we have already taken care of the grouting issue. We look forward to your next stay with us and will do everything we can to make your experience great!