“Awesome Chili Relleno Burrito & Lulu's Chopped Salad!”

Lulu's on the Alameda
Ranked #76 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Mexican
San Francisco, California
“Awesome Chili Relleno Burrito & Lulu's Chopped Salad!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I love Lulu's Chili Relleno Burrito (with black beans) and eat it about once a week! I like my Mexican food spicy, so I also grab some of their hot salsa to sprinkle on every bite. Probably not a low calorie meal (the Relleno has cheese in it) but I don't care!
I used to eat the chopped salad every week, until I discovered the burrito. But the salad is awesome too!

San Francisco
“Chopped salad to go is my choice!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I've never dined in or tried the variety of burritos or Mexican plates but I can tell you that the chopped salad with chicken is an easy, healthy, fresh option for a night when you don't feel like cooking. Made to order in a jiffy (with dressing on the side) it is reasonably priced and comes in two sizes.
The only downside is that finding a parking place can be difficult.

• Visited June 2012
Menlo Park, California, United States
“Great for Quick Hit”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

You don't go here to get a fancy Mexican meal as the atmosphere is very close and often crowded. Yet I would choose this over any of the chain restaurants offering similar fare. Everything they make is fresh and tasty and I have not been disappointed when I need a bite on the go or a tasty alternative to cooking at home. There is a great variety of foods, something for everyone.

• Visited June 2012
Palo Alto, California
“Family-friendly Mexican cafe”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

LuLu's has tolerable food and is handy for families in West Menlo Park. Kids like the Friday night mariachi band in warm weather. Various salsas are available; serve yourself from the cart. I was astonished to be charged extra for a tiny plastic cup of cilantro when I asked for some on my tacos.

Visited February 2012
bayarea
“Great variety of mexican food on the menu”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Three car loads of rugby players and parents wanted to find a quick but unique and tasty place to eat while in the Menlo-Atherton area. We drove down the Alameda and spotted Lulu's. The curb appeal was good so we stopped. The menu has a wide variety of modern California style mexican food. My son had a chopped salad and taco soup. I had two fish tacos. The other food: burritos and enchiladas also looked good. Nobody complained about the food. The seating was adequate but was plenty as the weather was nice and we could sit outside.

• Visited February 2012