“Great for Quick Hit”

Cuisines: Mexican
Menlo Park, California, United States
“Great for Quick Hit”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

You don't go here to get a fancy Mexican meal as the atmosphere is very close and often crowded. Yet I would choose this over any of the chain restaurants offering similar fare. Everything they make is fresh and tasty and I have not been disappointed when I need a bite on the go or a tasty alternative to cooking at home. There is a great variety of foods, something for everyone.

• Visited June 2012

“Family-friendly Mexican cafe”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

LuLu's has tolerable food and is handy for families in West Menlo Park. Kids like the Friday night mariachi band in warm weather. Various salsas are available; serve yourself from the cart. I was astonished to be charged extra for a tiny plastic cup of cilantro when I asked for some on my tacos.

Visited February 2012
bayarea
“Great variety of mexican food on the menu”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Three car loads of rugby players and parents wanted to find a quick but unique and tasty place to eat while in the Menlo-Atherton area. We drove down the Alameda and spotted Lulu's. The curb appeal was good so we stopped. The menu has a wide variety of modern California style mexican food. My son had a chopped salad and taco soup. I had two fish tacos. The other food: burritos and enchiladas also looked good. Nobody complained about the food. The seating was adequate but was plenty as the weather was nice and we could sit outside.

• Visited February 2012
“A good bet”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

An exceptional chicken salad, always fresh and a bit special. Not fancy, always tasty.

California
“Very pleasant no-frills taqueria on the Alameda in West Menlo Park”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were in search of a good, basic taqueria in Menlo Park on evening, and we decided to follow a friend's recommendation and try Lulu's. We were glad we did. It's not fancy (you order at the counter and they bring your food to you), but the menu has a lot of choices and our items were tasty. The place had a pleasant "neighborhood" feel to it. You can sit either inside or outside; seems like it would be a good place to bring small kids; you can order either a lot of food or just a little bit. Don't expect any free chips and salsa, though. My wife and I ate our fill including beer for under $25.

1 Thank OldGuyfromBay