“Delicious Food, Good Service”
Review of Madera

Madera
Reserve with OpenTable
Madera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 280
Description: Madera Restaurant Honored with One Star by Michelin and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence 2012. A comfortably elegant ambiance, picturesque views and outdoor terraces welcome guests and Silicon Valley locals to Madera. Featuring an open artisan wood-burning kitchen and extensive wine list, Madera serves rustic American cuisine that celebrates the culinary traditions of the Bay Area In addition to indoor and outdoor dining, Madera offers two private dining rooms with private terraces and cozy fireplaces. The Lemon Room seats up to 10 guests, and the Orange Room up to 14 guests. This Menlo Park restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and for Sunday brunch as well.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The ambiance is one of quiet elegance. The staff is very friendly and the food is very tasty. The kitchen is on full view so it's kind of fun to see them bustling about.

There are newer reviews for Madera

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant it located in the beautiful RoseWood hotel. You won't get big hearty servings but the presentation of the food is very artistic and the combination of flavors is wonderful. Dessert is a must!

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

First time was better possibly because there were only three of us, do we decided to go back later in the week with a party of six. Service was poor. The staff were really hard to wave down to order drinks or wine. No one stopped by after the main entrees were served for about 10-15 minutes and they had not brought out the side dishes yet. So we all shared our sides after we finished our entrees. I had the glass of wine I had ordered with dinner afterwards as well because it was late.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Christina M. already said it perfectely. This place is fabulous.

My husband and I went to Madera for a romantic dinner and were not disappointed. I loved the open, airy feel and the view was pleasant even though it includes a freeway. The food was very fresh and flavorful. The service was perfect.

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant located inside the Rosewood Sand Hill Resort. The setting and ambience is excellent and so is the service. However, the food was extremely expensive and it just was not very good. It was average at best. I have been to Michelin restaurants before and am always wowed. But not the case at Madera. I had fish that was so-so, my brother had lamb which was a minuscule portion and again, was good not great. They really need to up their game in my opinion. I would not eat there again (for dinner) however, we had breakfast there twice and that was very good. It's is just way too expensive for dinner for what you get. I will pay almost anything for a great meal but we just didn't get a great dinner at Madera.