“Didn't Feel Safe” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Inn

Stanford Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   115 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025 (Formerly Stanford Arms Motel)   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Menlo Park
“Didn't Feel Safe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I could have overlooked many of the cons for this hotel if it weren't for the non-functional deadbolt and a window that didn't close completely.

Pros: This hotel is close enough to walk to the Stanford shopping center, but it's along haul to the hospitals or main campus if you're walking. Short car or bike ride.
Spacious room with kitchen.
It is one of the most affordable hotels in the area, but I still felt like we paid double what a stay in a comparable hotel would have cost.

Cons: Deadbolt did not lock. Bathroom window didn't close or lock.
Finishings/amenities are outdated.
Noisy--because of the age of the building, we could hear every step across the floor our neighbors took.
No lobby--only a pass-through window that is not manned 24 hrs.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

what a nice place...old but ideal
great location i'll stay here over and over again.
great service at front desk, nice rooms, large and renovated,
ideal for long term stays as rooms have full kitchen...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 628george
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was surprised by large room size and so convenient a location near Stanford University.Very friendly staff ,recommend for clean budget minded traveler.The maid changed towels every day,although the place is very old, it was clean .I don't know what other Posters are complaining about.My stay was wonderful,I enjoyed sitting up on the terrace for California Sunset .The hotel is close to Cal-Train Station Palo Alto and Safeway department store ,which was ideal for groceries. I enjoyed cooking meals in the room.

Room Tip: Call hotel for better rates.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not quite sure where to start...
The room/apartment was huge but very dirty. Like many of the experiences described here, I checked the sheets, and checked the mattress for bed bugs (which, thankfully, I didn't find).
There were holes in the walls, mould in many places, dirty surfaces everywhere, a number of unrecognizable insects, and stains on the carpet and walls. I had an apartment in the front of the motel and it was VERY noisy. There was also no real lock on the door, so I wedged a chair under the handle every night. The ceiling fan was broken and on the third night the SMALL air conditioning unit also stopped working. I got clean (stained) towels and my bed made, a couple of nights, but only a couple! Would NOT recommend this place... but it is less expensive than most hotels in Palo Alto.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramen67

Travelers are raving about these Menlo Park hotels

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was completely satisfied with my stay here. I was looking for something reasonably priced given the expense of the area, and I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the rooms are here. I only paid $110 per night, but it felt like being in an apartment. I think the other posters have tremendous expectations for a place that charges very little in comparison to everything else in the area, and they probably should have just paid extra to be in a different place. I found that everything was clean in the room and everything worked well. I would definitely stay here if I come again to be at Stanford (I was here for a conference).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff on the front desk - or window - were welcoming enought but this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. The carpets are stained, the bed linen doesn't look clean, the road out the front is noisy. I can't find anything nice to say about this place - and it isn't cheap. I'm looking forward to moving somewhere else for the rest of my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Menlo Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was nice, the service was good and the location was just what I needed. I would be glad to stay here again when i have need to be in Palo Alto / Stanford area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Menlo Park
Menlo Park Inn
Menlo Park Inn
#3 of 9 in Menlo Park
4.0 of 5 stars 176 reviews

Been to Stanford Inn? Share your experiences!