“Fun pleasant atmosphere”

Good for: Families with children
Stanford, California
“Fun pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely awesome waitstaff who are knowledgable about the menu and very friendly. As a local in Menlo I eat here about once a month and think it should be more highly ranked than many others that are at the top of the list.

1 Thank crsmkm

San Carlos
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Snacks before meal were included and very good. Main dish was also tasty, not just ordinary Mexican food

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 257jack
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, nice service”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went here tonight for the first time with my girlfriend. It was emptying out as we god there (8pm, Wednesday), and we sat next to a pretty loud table, but other than that all was good. They started us off with a nice appetizer of chips, guacamole, and taquitos.

I ordered the hanger steak, my girlfriend had the seafood enchiladas. By the looks of our empty plates, both were good (I can't vouch for hers as I was too full). The house sangria was also nice, but nothing amazing.

Overall, a good option for mexican in Menlo Park. I probably prefer Reposado in Palo Alto a bit more, but it's also pricier, so hard to directly compare.

• Visited December 2013
California
“Fancy Casual Mexican”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

First visit to this restaurant and WILL be back!
I agree with the other reviews that the restaurant is a bit small and crowded, however we called ahead and made a reservation and requested a table that would accommodate a stroller and we fit in. The service was a little slow, but we weren't in a rush and this didn't bother us. We saw other tables come in who clearly were in a rush and they were able to get in and out quickly because they asked.
The complimentary starter they bring to the table is small but yummy. Some chips with guac and 2 taquitos. We ordered the Tamal Pollo as an appetizer and shared it between us. Both our entrees were very good. My husband had chicken fajitas and I had Pollo Adobado. Would order both dishes again and my husband even commented the chicken in the fajitas were the best flavor he's ever had (and he eats fajitas everywhere we go).

• Visited October 2013
Redwood City, California
“Best value Mexican in the mid-Peninsula”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Cafe del Sol is small and crowded but wonderful. Very tasty Mexican food at a reasonable price. The mojo de ajo (garlic sauteed shrimp) is particularly good. The Sangria is good too. We live in Redwood City but come here regularly.

• Visited May 2013