“Loved it !”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great Jamaican spot in Palo Alto, good selection, friendly staff, great tasting..wish I had more time to go back for another trip. Had Jerk Chicken and Oxtail, well seasoned, extra jerk sauce on the side to 'kick it up a notch'. Enjoyed it !

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Far superior to the "sister" restaurant in Palo Alto. I think the food is better at this location. The highlights for me: jerk chicken, pork, plantains, collards, festivals. I wish they had the pineapple ginger drink more often!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The atmosphere was great, very Caribbean. Food was excellent. I had fish with plantains and rice. Full of flavor, good mix of spices. Prices are good. I paid $13 for my meal.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hold on to your coconuts, this place just might blow your taste buds.

It is just so delicious. And unique. The food is spicy but not overly so, and so well-balanced with the cinnamony rice and beans, and the sticky-sweet plantains. And the salad, while certainly not the star, is a welcome and fresh addition to everything else on the plate.

I got the jerk salmon, and tasted my fiance's jerk tofu. Both were incredible. The salmon was perfectly cooked and tender... And I have to say, I think the sauce and the tofu may have complemented each other even better than the salmon! Vegetarians, if you're choosing between the two, the tofu is certainly no poor man's jerk substitute. It is a menu item to behold and savor on its very own.

The hours are really tough for anyone who works on the later side, but we were there for a birthday party and they let us stay past closing (we got our orders in before 8, of course) and didn't rush us or anything. I just wish this place was closer to my own back a yard!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was thrilled to find this place, I thought, and got meat patties to go. OMG, they were nasty. No flavor and the texture was like that of potted meat. I was so disappointed.