“Real Caribbean experience”

Dining options: Takeout
USA
“Real Caribbean experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The atmosphere was great, very Caribbean. Food was excellent. I had fish with plantains and rice. Full of flavor, good mix of spices. Prices are good. I paid $13 for my meal.

• Visited January 2013

Mountain View, California
“Hold on to your coconuts, this place just might blow your taste buds.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hold on to your coconuts, this place just might blow your taste buds.

It is just so delicious. And unique. The food is spicy but not overly so, and so well-balanced with the cinnamony rice and beans, and the sticky-sweet plantains. And the salad, while certainly not the star, is a welcome and fresh addition to everything else on the plate.

I got the jerk salmon, and tasted my fiance's jerk tofu. Both were incredible. The salmon was perfectly cooked and tender... And I have to say, I think the sauce and the tofu may have complemented each other even better than the salmon! Vegetarians, if you're choosing between the two, the tofu is certainly no poor man's jerk substitute. It is a menu item to behold and savor on its very own.

The hours are really tough for anyone who works on the later side, but we were there for a birthday party and they let us stay past closing (we got our orders in before 8, of course) and didn't rush us or anything. I just wish this place was closer to my own back a yard!

• Visited October 2012
Porterville, California
“Potted Meat Patties”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was thrilled to find this place, I thought, and got meat patties to go. OMG, they were nasty. No flavor and the texture was like that of potted meat. I was so disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Small place... Plantains are insane!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

not bad... enjoy... I only had a burger salad (I'm GF & don't do spicy) and a side of Plantains!! YUM :)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good chicken”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

It was my first time to eat caribbean/jamaican, but i really liked the jerk chicken and the rice/beans. It was not spicy though which i didnt like.

The jerk chicken was very tender and the rice/beans had a coconut flavor which was really good.

Did not like fried plantains or the corn festival.

Its a small restaurant, you really have to look out for it to see it, and the parking is bad. Overall, its a bit above average, but would not go out of my way when visiting again.

Visited October 2011