“My Home Away From Home”
Review of Hill House Inn

Hill House Inn
Ranked #18 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I always look forward to my brief but wonderful "get aways" when I go to the Hill House Inn. The staff is always so helpful and friendly and of course it is nice to be remembered. Kathy is always so pleasant to deal with, so efficient and welcoming. Jennifer is too. I don't know the names of all, however, it is always a great experience. I love how I can bring my "Olive" (dog) my 94 year old Mom and my teenage son. It is very convenient, you can walk into town or drive anywhere from its central location. The rooms are just the right size (the beds and bedding could improve...bring your favorite pillow!) The furnishings are perfect for the setting, I love the confy old fashioned Wing Chairs, great chair to read or just sit and look out the window. I always recommend the Hill House Inn. I have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Just about any room at the Hill House is a good room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OliveJA

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in Hill house inn via the living social deal. I would say it just fits the bill. It has an Victorian era architecture. Rooms are not too big and not too small. Best is it located very close to all the shops and activities. Good breakfast and good staff.
Since we were visitng Mendocino for the first time - the hotel staff helped us with various details and provided us with map. Since we were vegetarians they suggested us one of the best places to eat at - The Raverns. It was an amazing experience. Below is a short list of things to do. Hopefully should help first timer visiting with family -
Took a skunk train ride – nice to do. Check out details at skunktrain.com

· Went around Mendocino headlands state park –it has some good views.

· Glass beach. Although there are very few colored glass pieces left – still good place to spent some time.

· If you are into Art and Music- then Mendocino offers many Art / music event. You can google and find out.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Makwana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Located an easy walk from town, this is a comfortable b and b with lots of warmth. Room was of good size and well equipped, and the breakfast was filling. They have a do-it-yourself waffle iron that produced light and delicious waffles. A nice spot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with the Hill House Inn! We did not have reservations but were able to get a nice room anyway. From the moment we walked in, we loved it. The place was so charming and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was really cute and clean and the breakfast was great. The staff helped us find a restaurant in town for dinner that would be good for kids, and they were happy to tell us about the history of the place, the TV series that was filmed there, and take pictures of our family in front of the inn. The other guests were really nice, too. I would highly recomment this place. I read the other reviews and we had none of the problems some people listed. The entire experience was flawless and allowed us to truly enjoy ourselves. We really felt at home, away from home. Thanks for a wonderful stay, and thanks to your super friendly staff for treating us so nicely! We can't wait to come back and stay with you again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
drchef, General Manager at Hill House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

It warms our hearts to hear from guests like these who have had such a wonderful time and enjoyed the hospitality that our staff strives to convey at all times. We take pride in interacting with each guest to ensure that their experience here creates lasting memories and of course return visitors. We appreciate their positive comments and hope to see them again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

so while staying in Mendocino I bumped into Kris Kristofferson at the Mendocino Hotel and then while touring the grounds of the Hill House inn, I met his kids !!
the hotel is beautiful, the staff is super friendly and helpful, and stars stay here what more could you want !!

2  Thank SantaRosaLolita69
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hill House Inn. The staff was nice and helpful. We loved our room, patio and the view of the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable with lots of sitting room. We have a 3 year old and 5 year old, and they enjoyed their stay too :) They loved the waffles! Very family/kid friendly. The hotel is located within walking distance to the village. I would stay again and recommend the Hill House to others.

1  Thank Julia R
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This part of California is so beautiful, and this hotel sits in a prime position up on a hill overlooking Ocean - great location!

2  Thank David H