Stanford Inn by the Sea
$234
$186
$86
$80
Little River Inn(Little River)
$205
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
$229
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
$110
$87
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$155
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$80
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvegan restaurantbig riverravens restaurantindoor poolorganic gardenplant basedcooking classyoga classesspa servicesvegan breakfasteco resorthot tub and saunawood burning fireplacecanoe ridebike rentalstofuchocolate chip cookies
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Stanford Inn by the Sea early this summer. We were given a wonderful room with a fantastic view of the gardens. The wood burning fireplace added such a great ambiance to the room. We walked a short distance to the river and spent a couple of hours just exploring. The dining area of the Inn is so nice. Everything has been kept in great condition. The wood floors are beautiful.

We are not vegetarians either, but the gardens, lovely setting, and helpful staff more than made up for the difference in what we are used to eating.

After we left, I realized I had left a charging cord for my Ipad. When I called to see if it was there, they sent it to me at no cost.

We found the owners to be wonderful, caring people who have made a lovely place to stay in Mendocino.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank einnoC
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I are not vegans or vegetarians, and were a little curious to see the type of food this hotel offered. As noted in some of the other reviews, the check in/check out staff were a little aloof, however all the other staff were warm and friendly. We were more than happy with our room which had relaxation music already playing in it when we arrived. We had a view over the gardens to the sea, and also a timber fireplace in our room. The vegetable gardens were extremely impressive and guests are permitted wander through them. The food at the hotel was fantastic and far exceeded our expectations of vegan cuisine.

We would definately stay here again if the opportunity arises and recommend it to anyone (including non vegans).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've brought my family here for few days for many a summer over the years, just to get a chance to stay (we stay in the Barn) in such a lovely place. The gardens, the animals, the weather, the water - it's just a great place. The staff is always first class, the restaurant too, they recently went Vegan from being just plain vegetarian, and though I'm a carnivore I had to say it was very good. The plantings too, if you're into that, really quite amazing, and they have their own organic gardens for their restaurant, and don't mind if you poach blackberries in moderation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel, the hotel is very very nice, clean, service is great, food is out of this world great. Each room has it's own fireplace, free rental of bikes. They even grow their own veg food. Over all this is the best place in Mendocino to stay at.

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just a great place. Staff very helpful and accommodating. The Vegan restaurant was excellent with interesting and tasty dishes (and I am not even Vegan!). Suite very comfortable and clean. Will plan to stay here whenever I am in the Mendocino area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple