Packard House
$86
$234
$186
Little River Inn(Little River)
$205
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
$110
$90
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$155
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$119
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden cottageeach morningblue dooryogurtb bswine hourbreakfast deliveredbath productsgas fireplacefew minutes walkking roomthe bed was extremely comfortablethe main houseseparate showersmall plateswould definitely stay here againexcellent stay
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had such high hopes. We are frequent travelers to this area. I wanted to stay at a sister property but could never reach anyone. Should have been a flag. I booked a cottage room. Sounded great. Sounded private n quiet. Just what we wanted for our late romantic Valentine's day. Upon arriving the inn is locked. We were here at 3:20. Had to wring bell. Inn keeper had no idea we were coming. She had forgotten to check the computer(2nd flag) showed us to our cottage. Maybe I'm wrong but a cottage should be separate from a house and since it had said private entrance and we weren't eating in the main house I figured we would be separate from the house nope (3rd flag). It's maybe a 14' by 10' space maybe. It does have a separate entrance 10 feet from the other door. But that's it for similarities. The picture from packard house showed a king bed nope it was a queen. The blurb said quiet nope. One whole wall of our cottage is connected to the main house. It also happens to be there office and kitchen. You hear everything and I mean every glass, plate, phone call or drawer slamming. Just fyi it starts about 7:45 in the am. Also none of the Windows open for fresh air, one blind was covered in mildew and there were cobwebs taking over one whole corner. Maybe it's wrong but for 200 plus a night hearing everything next door and being woke up to banging and voices is not my idea of private nor great. Overall I fear this is our one and only time ever here. There are way more places that actually are quiet n kept up here in Mendocino. Sorry Packard House, you were a dream that turned into a mistake.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Kasten cottage if you want any peace or quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a romantic weekend in Sonoma & Mendocino in Feb 2014. We stayed one night at the Garden Court room.

The breakfast was really delicious. However, the lady prepared two courses instead of just a buffet, so the other couple, who was there as well, actually had to wait for us.

The house is very elegant and modern. You should also check out the other two hotels of that chain in Mendocino.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Garden Court room. It's rather small (still ok for two people though), and has an unusual structure (check out our pictures). You enter through the bathroom, which is almost bigger than the actual room. If you're spending a lot of time in your room, then you might want to book a bigger room. Otherwise it's fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia R
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We just returned from our lovely stay Nov 7-9, 2013. We stayed for two nights in the Pacific View room. On a clear day, you can see the ocean in the distance, so the room is true to it's name. The room is somewhat smaller than what we expected based on the pictures, but the room was comfy and clean and the bed had very nice linens and pillows. The provided robes were also very nice, although one had a small hole. There was also a long strand of hair on the interior sheets that we noticed when we pulled back the sheets. Nothing major; just little details we noticed and didn't expect when paying $300 a night.

In the Pacific View room, the bath and separate jetted tub are in one open room (no door for privacy, so be sure you're sharing the room with someone you don't mind seeing you shower ;)). The toilet and sink are in a separate small room on other side of the room. We didn't mind this and it was actually nice to be able to get ready as someone else showered in the other area. We used the jetted tub as well and it was nice. Just be aware that it is quite loud and we were wary of disturbing other guests as we were on the top floor. Very nice Kiehl's bath products were provided.

The breakfast on the first day consisted of a baked apple topped with granola and a wonderful sauce (not sure, but it seemed similar to a crème anglaise) as the first course and a Belgian waffle with fresh berries as the main course. I am vegetarian, so I received extra berries. My partner and other non-veg guests enjoyed the same waffle and berries with a side of locally made sausage. We also enjoyed the great orange juice and coffee. On day two, course one was a poached pear in a tangy citrus sauce of some sort. It was good, but verged on cloyingly sweet. I much preferred the baked apple from the day before. Main course was a baked frittatas served with toast and a really good jam. My dish was vegetarian with no meat, but others' frittatas had what I believe was chicken sausage from the day before. It was piping hot, light, fluffy yet filling and delicious. Everything you'd want in a homemade breakfast. We had a great time conversing with the other guests on both days.

Things that we noticed that other guests may want to know:There wasn't a mini-fridge in our room, so if you have wine or water you want to chill, you can't unfortunately. When the innkeepers leave for the day, the kitchen is closed, so no ice either. Also, note that breakfast is served at 9 a.m., which is noted on their site, so shouldn't be a surprise. But if you are an early riser or get hungry earlier than that, you may want to have light snacks in your room or venture out to one of the nearby local cafes or bakeries for something to tide you over. Nice thing is, fresh, hot coffee is served downstairs starting at 8 a.m.

It was both of our first times staying in a B&B and we would return to Packard House again (or try another property in the Blue Door group!). The innkeepers were extremely friendly and you can tell they love what they do. The grounds and gardens of the inn are beautiful and the town of Mendocino is very charming. We had a great time!

Room Tip: The Pacific Room is the first room on the left at the top of the stairs. It is the window that faces out to Little Lake street and overlooks the front gardens and a cute church across the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlusting83
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had never stayed in a bed ‘n’ breakfast before, so this was a new experience. I have no other bnb experience to compare it to. I’m glad to report that it was good.

It’s an old house, lots of character. The downstairs has three common rooms, very nicely appointed, one with a cozy gas fireplace.
Our room had a king bed, a bath area with a walk-in shower and a two-person jetted tub. The toilet and sink were in another room. The room had a gas fireplace on a timer.
Everything was comfortable and clean.
There’s a cd player in the radio, and a TV with a DVD player, but we didn’t use either of these.

The staff was wonderful. Connie greeted us on arrival and showed us around, answered questions, and explained things.
Nan was the morning person. She cooked breakfast.

And what brekafasts! An egg/tortilla bake one morning and Dutch babies the next. Fresh fruit, toast, corn bread. Lots of fresh brewed coffee and a good assortment of hot teas.
Breakfast can be had with other guests in the dining room downstairs, or can be delivered in a basket to your room. (Let them know the day before if you want breakfast delivered.)

We don’t drink, but they served wine in the late afternoon.

Nice looking gardens, but the weather wasn’t conducive to sitting outside while we were there.

Both Connie and Nan were personable and friendly and full of helpful hints as to where to go, what to do and see, and where to eat. Very good hosts. Very low-key as well, as we were not “rushed” to leave at check out.

Other guests were friendly and considerate – that is we had no problem with “noisy neighbors.”

We stayed two nights and just wanted a relaxing, pleasant time. And that’s what we got. I’ll stay again should I want another Mendocino getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Pacific View room -- loved the jetted two-person tub. The view is more of the village buildings, though you can see the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank George B
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed for two nights en route to San Francisco. This is probably my favourite out of the 18 hotels/b&bs we have booked in our 6 week tour of the Western USA. We had the Redwoods room, which had the benefit of easy access to the lounge area so when others had retired we could sit by the fire in comfort. And I could get up early and enjoy peace and warmth on my own. Bathroom was great. Nan, who was our chef/ innkeeper, cooked the most amazing breakfasts. She's a lovely, helpful person as well. We had the good fortune to spend time with fellow guests who were interesting and good fun which completed the experience. Loved it!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple