“good food, nice setting, tourist prices”
Review of Trillium Cafe

Trillium Cafe
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Mendocino
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Trillium is a restaurant and inn. We think of ourselves as casual fine dining, with indoor and outdoor dining, weather permitting. We focus on serving fresh, seasonal, organic California cuisine. We try to source as many things locally as possible. Local, wild caught fish, grass fed meats, organic veggies. We have a small, 3 room B & B above the Restaurant with cute rooms with ocean views, and breakfast each morning.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The appetizers were great, the entrees were above average (but a little too salty)... the dessert was a little undercooked. But everything was creative and tasty. Service was very good for a small town. A little pricey but I would recommend this to someone looking for a cosy restaurant in Mendocino.

1  Thank Damon L
There are newer reviews for Trillium Cafe

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I are traveling up the coast and happened to eat here quite by chance (a walk-by). We shared lunch as neither of us was very hungry...we had the grass-fed burger with small salad and the chocolate mousse for dessert. Both were quite good. The service was excellent and very welcoming. Enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere.

2  Thank Travel-Bug-369
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I are locals and decided to give the Trillium Cafe a try. The food was exquisite, service attentive. This is the best dinner I've eaten in a long time. My husband had the chicken, I had the filet mignon.

2  Thank okshea
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was looking forward to a great meal at a new restaurant. The restaurant itself is physically the same as when it was The Moose. That means all hard surfaces, no table cloths, no carpets, nothing to mute the jarring sounds or to dampen the loud voices of the diners very close together. The bread sticks - only 1 a piece - were yeasty, warm & tasty. The amuse bouche was a cold cooked mushroom topped with - get this, pureed nasturtium leaf. Nice green color, but very bitter tasting. This pureed nasturtium and the whole leaf found its way onto the plate of the crab strudel. The plate was beautiful, but the crab was not fresh. The star of the meal had to be the Trillium's version of the wedge salad . Two of us split one and were quite pleased. My fillet was flavorful, tender & juicy. My companion, however, had the pork tenderloin that looked and tasted like leather shoe tongues. It was overcooked and tasteless. While the service was friendly, we waited a long time for our wine to be served. There were long intervals between courses, with nary an extra breadstick - or anything- to nibble on. Our server was sweet but never returned after serving to inquire about further needs or comments. Hopefully, this restaurant will improve as it seems to have the potential to become the finest dining establishment on the coast.

1  Thank Freedacat
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had such a fabulous lunch at Trillium Cafe that we went back for dinner. The soup is awesome! The soup of the day when we were there was a black bean soup with a cucumber sauce. I had the kale caesar salad with grilled chicken, which was wonderful.
For dinner I had the crab strudel as an appetizer it was great! And for an entree I had the Fettuccine Alfredo, it was delicious and perfectly spiced! They have wonderful homemade vanilla ice cream and good cappuccinos! The wine is good. The service is excellent!

1  Thank Morgan M