“I don't even like fried chicken but Wow!”

MacCallum House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
MacCallum House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Mendocino
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lansing St.
Transit: Mendocino Transit Authority.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to the Mac House because a local told us they had the best fried chicken he had ever had. I'm not a big fan of fried chicken but we both ordered it and it was amazingly good. And the green onion mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy went so well with it! The corn bread on the first night (yes it was so good we had it again the next night) was so moist it was like corn bread pudding--which was delicious. The next night it was more like traditional corn bread. At $20 the fried chicken was one of the least expensive items on the menu, but so so worth it.

There are newer reviews for MacCallum House Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in Mendocino. The proprietor of the Brewery Gulch Inn recommended the restaurant. The atmosphere was wonderful. The Manhattan cocktail I had was the best I had ever tasted. My wife ordered the wild mushroom gnocchi only to be told they were out. The server suggested that she let the chef create a pasta for her. She was not disappointed. The mushroom fettuccine they created was fantastic.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate breakfast and dinner here on our recent trip to Mendocino. Our dinner consisted of a crab cake appetizer, salad, wild mushroom gnocchi, and a banana split for dessert. Their breakfast menu also has many tempting options. We ordered eggs benedict and thoroughly enjoyed. The food here is excellent and being able to eat in a house that was built in the 1800's is part of the charm.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I have gone to romantic Mendocino nearly Christmas Eve and Christmas night for 25 years. One major reason for going is that we so look forward to dinners both nights at the Mac House. Our traditional feasts are: one night the venison with wild boar sausage, and the next night duck breast in native huckleberry sauce. (I drool as I write this!) This past Christmas Not ONE of those items were on the menu! Instead, a prime rib was a special on Christmas Eve, but it certainly wasn't special -- we can get better here in San Francisco. And it even looked sloppy with potatoes spilling off the plate and the horseradish sauce poured over everything. Sigh.

2  Thank Latchicoe
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Do NOT miss the opportunity to visit, enjoy, relax and unwind in this unbelievably relaxing setting and extremely welcoming community...DM