“Tiny place with excellent food”

Tote Fete Deli & Burger Grill
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Mendocino
Description: At Tote Fete Deli & Burger Grill, you’ll have clear views of the crashing surf where Big River flows into the sea. Open Daily, 10450 Lansing St., Mendocino
Reviewed August 26, 2017

We had eaten at this corner place years ago and weren't impressed, but we noticed a lot more people milling around the restaurant recently, so we decided to give it another shot. Under new ownership (as of 2 years ago - where have we been?), and completely changed. Goodbye giant deli case, hello a few tables. It's still tiny, with what is probably a micro kitchen, but oh, my, what comes out of that kitchen! The fish in the fish and chips is better than Sea Pal Cove - and that's a high compliment! (Local fishermen eat at Sea Pal Cove.) The clam chowder is excellent. We agree with one reviewer's comment about needing crispier fries. And, don't expect to get your food right away, or even both of you at your table served at the same time. Remember - it's a micro kitchen. And there are growing pains, I'm sure. But it's definitely worth the wait. We will be making this a regular stop - burgers are what we'll try next!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

My husband and I bought a wrap to share and it truly was enough food for 3 or 4 people. Freshly made as you desire with yummy ingredients. We took ours across the street and sat in the small park at a picnic table. They do offer a few tables in the restaurant if you prefer.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Went here today for lunch. 5 tables so glad there was a 20 minute wait for food ordered as we waited to grab a table as well. Fish and chips very good, light batter. Both men really enjoyed theirs. Both men would have liked crisper french fries, but still enjoyed them. My Bacon, Turkey, Avocado wrap was not the best. It was gigantic. The turkey was cut into small squares and grilled. Not to my liking. Looked like there were other choices that were so much better. The burgers looked amazing. My brother really enjoyed his clam chowder. Highly recommend this place. Friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I had the shrimp and my partner had clam chowder and fries. Unlike some of the reviews, I thought the garlic fries were excellent. I especially liked the side of cole slaw that came with my shrimp as it was vinegar based and not too heavy. The shrimp had a bit more breading than I would prefer. The clam chowder was delicious although it was hard to detect the clams.
The space is small and we waited till it cleared out a bit before ordering. There was a table of people just sitting after their meal and we pointed out to them that they were keeping other people from being seated.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We walked by and saw people eating fish in chips at the few tables in this little gem of an eatery. We had to wait just a few minutes before we were enjoying our own order and an order of clam chowder. The chowder needed a bit of salt and pepper. The fried fish was perfect. Looks to be a great place for take out as well as we saw many do on a beautiful sunny Saturday in Mendocino.