“Wonderful restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, CA
Reviewed July 24, 2005

Despite some of the negative reviews, my husband and I ended up at this restaurant for dinner during our long weekend to the Mendocino coast. We had a fabulous dining experience. We were seated fairly quickly, even though we didn't have reservations. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with menu questions and suggestions. I had the delicious seafood special, panfried seabass, and my husband had the seafood linguine. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and our cheesecake for dessert. An excellent meal!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed June 11, 2005

My husband and I recently returned from a week-long trip along the Mendocino coast and had the worst meal of our trip at 955. The service was horrible and we felt as though we were intruding on the preoccupied staff just by our presence. The food was mediocre at best. I suspect this restaurant used to be better but those days are gone. There are many find restaurants in Mendocino. Don't waste your time on this one.

6  Thank sftraveler155
Reviewed May 13, 2005

This was our worst meal during our 10 days in CA. Even the water had a foul smell and taste! My fish was dried out and overcooked. It was served with plain macaroni and plain, tasteless vegetables. Service was slow. Skip this restaurant.

8  Thank sunnyl
Reviewed April 25, 2005

My wife and I have visited 955 on three occasions, and have not been disappointed yet. On each of our visits we've had excellent service and delicious food. The menu changes frequently and takes advantage of seasonal ingredients. Earlier this month we had our wedding rehersal dinner there on a Friday night, and our entire group (12 ppl) really enjoyed it. We made our reservations well in advance, and the staff was prepared for us, attentive, helpful, and flexible. And the food was incredible. We will definitely be coming back the next time we're in Mendocino.

7  Thank ferringer
Reviewed January 17, 2005

My boyfriend and I just returned from our first trip to Mendocino. We discovered upon arrival that three of the best restaurants in town were closed due to the slow season in January, so we headed to 955 since it was once of the only places in town open. Our first mistake was not making a reservation, although there were people that had reservations that had been waiting over a half hour for their table. When we finally were seated after almost an hour, the service was very slow and spotty. I ordered the sole, which was ok, but DO NOT order the seafood fettucine, you will regret it in the worst way. Apparently this is week old fish that has been frozen and is reused in the seafood pasta "special." Unfortunately our mistake was not discovered until the next day when someone that used to work at the restaurant told us about it. This restaurant is too pricey to try to cut costs like that at the expense of its patrons.

8  Thank Kathleen J