We just returned from our Easter weekend get-a-way in Mendocino. This was our first time there and weren't sure what to expect. We booked the Didjeridoo because it looked charming and had a great name. It was a hit! The house is very quaint and has a wonderful garden surrounding it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would not recommend booking on Booking.com, because the staff cannot tell which room you book, so you may want to call after making the reservation. The food was incredible. Stay on a Saturday night, because the owner puts on a Pot Luck that is to die for! He served us fresh Abalone that he dove for that morning. It was very tender and had a great flavor. My husband couldn't get enough!!! We also had wonderful chicken tacos and the BEST quinoa I've ever had. You can go to the local grocery story and bring a dessert or some wine for your part of the Pot Luck.
The next morning we had a delicious Easter Breakfast: scrambled eggs with red bell peppers, caramelized bacon (to die for!), orange marmalade french toast, and blueberry buttermilk pancakes. Definitely not a diet weekend!
My step-daughter and son-in-law came with us, and they brought the grand-puppy. The dog was very welcomed.
We met people from all over the world and had the best time! Highly recommended. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino