“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #13 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Clovis, California
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just returned from our Easter weekend get-a-way in Mendocino. This was our first time there and weren't sure what to expect. We booked the Didjeridoo because it looked charming and had a great name. It was a hit! The house is very quaint and has a wonderful garden surrounding it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would not recommend booking on Booking.com, because the staff cannot tell which room you book, so you may want to call after making the reservation. The food was incredible. Stay on a Saturday night, because the owner puts on a Pot Luck that is to die for! He served us fresh Abalone that he dove for that morning. It was very tender and had a great flavor. My husband couldn't get enough!!! We also had wonderful chicken tacos and the BEST quinoa I've ever had. You can go to the local grocery story and bring a dessert or some wine for your part of the Pot Luck.

The next morning we had a delicious Easter Breakfast: scrambled eggs with red bell peppers, caramelized bacon (to die for!), orange marmalade french toast, and blueberry buttermilk pancakes. Definitely not a diet weekend!

My step-daughter and son-in-law came with us, and they brought the grand-puppy. The dog was very welcomed.

We met people from all over the world and had the best time! Highly recommended. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If booking online, call Didjeridoo to confirm which room. My daughter and her husband had a room in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Judy B
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi! Thanks for enjoying. Our Pot Lucks are a blast and yes, Great Food!

See you next time

@ Didjeridoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Didjeradoo 3 nights last week and couldn't have been more pleased. As a resident of Mendocino in the 1970's, I was making my first visit in 30 years, and let me tell you that the spirit of that wonderful era is alive and well at the Didjeradoo. I remembered it as EmilyLou Packard Gallery and, I believe, Residence. True to its history. fine art work abounds throughout Inn.

Charles, the proprietor has put together a staff of young people who are committed to making you comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and abundant. Request the baked bacon with brown sugar and crushed pecan nuts. It is a delight.

I could go on for a long time about the Inn but perhaps this story typifies the attitude and atmosphere at the Didjeradoo.

My main purpose for going was to see many old friends and write a memoir for a project with which I was involved. I had reserved the least expensive room and when I saw its size I realized it was not right for me. I asked Charles the next morning if I could upgrade to a room that would meet my needs and budget. He told me he had just the place for me and for a nominal charge he set me up in the downstairs parlor, a spacious room with a fireplace, four poster bed,and an ocean facing window with a view of the steeple of the Presbyterian Church.

Granted, it was a slow week and the room was not reserved... but that is the kind of atmosphere you get when you visit the Didjeradoo... an atmosphere that existed a long time ago in Mendocino. Hippie.. you bet, but the best of it.

Room Tip: Choose the Parlor Room facing the ocean
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank carl94702
Hi!
Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for mentioning my girls! They are totally in to creating a great guest experience. Really nice having you and your welcome anytime :)

Coarsegold, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I took a friend there in January and was disappointed. The place is very run down -- chipped paint, faded curtains, shelf missing in bathroom so nowhere to put anything -- even a toothbrush! The front door was most uninviting -- needed sanding and painting and the bottom half was just a piece of wood covering.

Breakfast was good, but hardly any seats to sit on, and no tables to eat off, so it was a balancing act on your knees.
Need to put the wood for the fires in a more rustic box in hallway -- not a battered old Rubbermaid tote. Very uninviting as the first thing you see when entering facility.

Staff was friendly but the unkempt appearance of the place made the stay not one I would want to repeat. Location is excellent.

Room Tip: Front room gets hot in the morning - and curtains are faded and worn and don't close properly.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank CarolKovach
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Really? 1, Our front door, although old is not what your saying. It's not painted its natural wood with Leaded glass and doesn't need sanding. I repaint our front porch before Memorial Day weekend each year. 2, You picked a room that is small based on price and 2 women who aren't a couple would probably not be comfortable in one of them. Next time spend the extra $30 buck's and get a larger nicer room the bathrooms are much nicer too! 3, When we are full or have more than 12 people we do breakfast buffet style. It's normally not a problem unless your really picky. My breakfast is By far the most Enjoyed and Reviewed Breakfast in Mendocino and %95 love the food and experience. 4, Most people notice are beautiful artwork and the uniqueness of our place when they walk in, Not our Fire wood box (but I do need to get a new one, that ones getting a lil used. I'm glad you found "staff" friendly!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

They have great food, awesome staff, and the perfect location. Not too pricey either and overall a great environment. Across the street from the entrance to big river beach. The staff are great and friendly, and it's generally just a relaxed fun place.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank DryGrain
What a great review!!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I discovered this inn last year via Groupon and yearning for a trip to the coast we headed out blind. Not knowing too much of what to expect, we were very pleased with our stay, so much so that when we saw another Groupon come up we snatched it up and made our reservations. I paid the little extra to have room 62 which has a private entrance, jacuzzi tub and a skylight.

Breakfast is always an event waking up your taste buds in an organic frenzy. Never knew to put sour cream in scrambled eggs, but good grief is it delicious!! Both Charles the owner and all the other staff are always eager and happy to help out with anything you may need.

My husband was happy on this last trip that they are a medical marijuana friendly facility now. Knowing that going in on our latest trip, I did not notice anything different from one year to the next at the inn with the smell of the rooms so that made me very happy as I am not a fan of smoke smell no matter where it comes from. The rooms are always clean, if out dated, but that adds to the charm.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Solvig
Hi!
We love repeat guest and hope you come again. I plan on doing either a LivingSocial or
Groupon again during the winter, keep any eye out for our offering :) Yay more great breakfast reviews!!! Glad you enjoyed.

Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This place is great! They are 215 and pet friendly, which is amazing. Its hard to find those things in a BB&B. Its right in town, close enough to walk anywhere in the village. The staff are wonderful, and love the homestyle meals. Super homey and amazing.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank LLightningL
Yay!!

California
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here with my family (wife and 2 kids) a while back. Amazing location and great room. We stayed in the water tower and loved it. The people were super friendly and it's right in town so good location. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank metodd1
Thanks for the great review!
Come Back Soon :)