I had the pleasure of staying at the Didjeradoo 3 nights last week and couldn't have been more pleased. As a resident of Mendocino in the 1970's, I was making my first visit in 30 years, and let me tell you that the spirit of that wonderful era is alive and well at the Didjeradoo. I remembered it as EmilyLou Packard Gallery and, I believe, Residence. True to its history. fine art work abounds throughout Inn.
Charles, the proprietor has put together a staff of young people who are committed to making you comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and abundant. Request the baked bacon with brown sugar and crushed pecan nuts. It is a delight.
I could go on for a long time about the Inn but perhaps this story typifies the attitude and atmosphere at the Didjeradoo.
My main purpose for going was to see many old friends and write a memoir for a project with which I was involved. I had reserved the least expensive room and when I saw its size I realized it was not right for me. I asked Charles the next morning if I could upgrade to a room that would meet my needs and budget. He told me he had just the place for me and for a nominal charge he set me up in the downstairs parlor, a spacious room with a fireplace, four poster bed,and an ocean facing window with a view of the steeple of the Presbyterian Church.
Granted, it was a slow week and the room was not reserved... but that is the kind of atmosphere you get when you visit the Didjeradoo... an atmosphere that existed a long time ago in Mendocino. Hippie.. you bet, but the best of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino