My husband and I love Mendocino!! When I saw Travel zoo had a deal for the Didgeridoo I jumped. We planned a 4 day trip for same price we paid on promo for 2 nights at another local B&B. Reservations were no problems accommodating my husband's mobility issues. We didn't know what to expect as with anything new we were ready for our adventure. Upon arrival on Feb 2 I have to admit I was a little leary, but ventured in. Of course being super bowl Sunday there was a note to pls dial this number and someone would come check you in. I dialed and Paula was there to check us in. The room was under the water tower right out side the main common room very convenient for my husband. Although the room was a bit tight for him to get around in, the room itself was a comfortable no frills room, a well built addition to the main house. It had a small TV, stand alone closet, wood burning stove, comfy queen bed, small corner table w/2 chairs and sm refrigerator. The bathroom was good size easy for my husband to get around in. Room was very private & quiet which I loved. Being right in the garden I'm sure it's even nicer in summer.(don't get comment made about dead unkept garden..Hello it's winter) It was pretty cold so I started a fire...did I mention very well insulated as well..lol I love having a fire but by Log number 6 we had to open the window and door to cool down...The next few nights only 3 logs per nite.
Charles was a very gracious host and make wonderful breakfast meals. The breakfast is served promptly at 9:10. Early risers can enjoy a cup of freshly made coffee or tea as well as make friendly conversation with other guests while admiring the art work on display in the common room. Or I even had time to take a fantastic walk through town down to the ocean..great way to start the day!! Each morning Charles would serve an egg dish, meat dish (the brn sugar pecan bacon is to die for), special french toast or pancakes, yougart w/ blueberries and oj. Very filling and tasty, you can feel the pride Charles puts into this meal in every bite.
We have been to other B&B and enjoyed them as well but this was different. Here it was like staying at a friends house. Meals were either buffet style where you balanced your plate on your lap or we shared the main table depending on how many guests. Either way was enjoyable and gave us the opportunity to chat with and get great tips from Charles and other guest on places to eat or visit in or around town.
In the beginning I mentioned I has leary upon arrival..As I mentioned to Charles the lining on the curtains in front window were shredded from the sun and was very unappealing as a first impression. Charles did tell me they were in process of getting them replaced. As stated first impressions but so glad I didn't let that stop us as I found that once you settle into the Didjeridoo, this is really a gem... no frills but comfy.
In reading another review regarding the pot smell we stayed 4 days and I am very sensitive to smell, I smelled nothing but the great smell of the sea and rain. Another mentioned something about pet hair, yes this is a pet friendly Inn as stated in advertisement and there were a few dogs there but as I stated everything was pretty spotless.
Someone also mentioned that they ran out of water which yes they did, but things were up and running by 8am ish, so no inconvenience at all. (All Mendocino has been hit hard by the drought) I enjoyed my stay so much we are hoping to return time allowing in spring with my 86 yr old mom to enjoy Charles' wonderful invite to his abalone pot luck dinner. Thanks Charles and Paula for a relaxing and rejuvenating stay. Also really enjoyed Jojo the cat great plus to my stay.
P.S. If you want the Ritz and all the antiques and frills this may not be the place for you. However if you want a comfy relaxing stay in Mendocino at a reasonable price check them out. Remember too, appearance can be deceiving so glad we had this fantastic adventure!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino