I was taken in by the by the great reviews and the lovely website, but Didjeridoo is a didjeri don't. This place may have been nice a long time ago, but no more. And that must have been when the website photos were taken. Two words they need to learn there are "maintenance" and "service".
A little paint here and there, some basic maintenance and for crying out loud, water the garden. The beautiful garden that was let die was our first clue. The room was tacky and unkempt. A little touchup paint would go a long way. And for the price, how about some new blinds that work, and not the cheapest that Walmart sells either.
Seemingly clean, given the maintenance of everything else, I was apprehensive about the cleanliness of the bed and was fearful of what lay under the covers. And service seems to end when they get your money. One example, a request for decaf coffee in the morning was met with a curt "regular only". The included breakfast seemed ample, albeit, extremely basic. Think a pile of scrambled eggs. A pile of pancakes and a pile of sausage. And there's no table to sit and eat at. You have to sit in a chair and eat off your lap, or stand. Bon appetite.
My advice would be to look elsewhere or risk a disappointing visit to lovely Mendocino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino