I had purchased a two night stay for my husband and I as a Christmas gift. We arrived at the property and was surprised to be asked to pay another $15 for "taxes"...I was under the impression we had paid in full with our on line reservation. The room we were given was on the bottom floor. Starting at approximately 10:30pm the occupants of the room above us, returned to their room. The sound above us was like a herd of elephants....followed by what sounded like the occupants moving furniture around. Then about the same time, a baby started crying, and crying, and crying, and screeching, and screeching and crying and crying allllllllllllllll night. That ended about 2:30a-3:00am. Needless to say the walls are "paperthin". Then about 5:30am the baby started crying and crying and crying and crying. For about 2 more hours. We got almost no sleep at all. The property was advertised a "meditation" center and it was nothing even close. At about 7:30a the next morning I went to Charles and asked him if there was another room we could move to. He said NO. I explained to him what had happeded the night before and his response was "What do you want me to do about it". He seemed like he didn't care at all. He did say he would talk to the people, but our feeling was that the situation was not going to get better. I politely asked him for a refund for our room for the second night and he basically laughed in my face and said absolutely NO. It went from bad to worse! I said well I guess Trip Advisor and Living Social will hear from me, and his response was "WELL I HOPE YOU LEAVE". We did. (Later when we returned to the Inn to retrieve our things, Charles said he talked to the family (with 3 kids) the baby and told them they would have to leave if they baby was loud again-we did not believe he would kick out a family with 3 kids in the middle of the night). Why is a family with 3 kids staying in a one bedroom place in the first place??) We did not need to stay at a place where the keeper was so rude and hositle toward us. We have NEVER in our lives forefeited a room and went to stay at another place. We left and went to McCullum House where they 1) gave us a recduced rate on the room, 2) a Complimentary bottle of wine, 3) $14.00 of food credit in their restaurant, and 4) a 5 star free breakfast for each of us. We learned that there used to be a connection between the Didjeridoo and McCullum House but McCullum house cut their lease with Didjeridoo becasue Didjeridoo refuse to do repairs and upgrades to the property. So my suggestion is you get what you pay for: Go to McCullum House and enjoy your stay in Mendocino a whole lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino