“Excellent location with great hospitality”

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Excellent location with great hospitality”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This historic B&B is at the entrance to the village and it is across the street from the ocean view walking trail. Its convenient location makes it possible to ejoy the village and headlands without having to use your car. Mary and Charles are the perfect hosts -- lots of hospitality and personal attention with delicious breakfasts. In addition, the prices are among the best in Mandocino for quality and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JosephLeonard
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank You! I think we are priced right and I love our location too. The only time I drive is to leave the coast or go to Fort Bragg and workout. Mendocino needs a Gym!

@ Didjeridoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Forest Ranch, California, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Well, let's start by saying this is an excellent bed and breakfast that will provide as much as you need, a clean beautiful room, great staff, excellent breakfasts ( Charles the proprietor, probably should have been a chef) his breakfasts are different every day and each day I stayed I wondered can it get better, and it did.
The property is beautiful, built in 1888, rooms with claw foot bath tubs. ( make sure you ask though, only select rooms have them. Grounds are well maintained, and you can tell great care is taken.
You can walk to anywhere in the village, and a beach access across the street behind one of the oldest churches in town to big river beach.
My stay was very memorable and I will definitely stay here when I come back. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a claw foot bath tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thanks!
I really love cooking!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Im happy to recommend the Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn. The rooms are attractive. The garden is lovely. The staff is friendly and helpful. Plus the breakfasts are amazing and the inn is dog friendly. It's an excellent home base for visiting Mendicino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HollyJennifer
Mmmmm Breakfast :)

Glad you enjoyed

Sebastopol, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a stressful fall I needed a place to relax for a few days, and the Didjeridoo in the heart of Mendocino village was just what I needed. The house is 130 years old and has a lot of charm.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were great (especially the yogurt, and the pecan & brown sugar bacon), and the location was fantastic--right across the street from the entrance to the beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. I parked when I got there and never needed the car till I left.
There's coffee and tea out all day as well, which was a nice treat.
There was a woodstove in the room (I was in the mini room) and firewood, but unfortunately it wasn't cold enough to make a fire--in the winter though that would be a treat.

Pros:
Location
Breakfast
Free wifi
Coffee & Tea
Historic location

Cons:
Flat pillows (I brought my own, which was good)
Noise from people walking around upstairs in the morning (it's an old house)
Windows didn't all work or have screens (but it's cool enough generally)

I will happily stay there again!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, you might want an upstairs room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Didjeridoo's great for stress release :)
Thanks for staying and I'm glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for two nights last march and again this past August. My family and I cuddled up with a cozy fire and dessert and enjoyed watching the Olympics closing ceremonies. They were very accommodating with our son and our dog. they brought them extra pillows and blankets. Breakfast was delicious too! We would stay again next time we are in town.

• Stayed March 2012
The Uk put on a great Olympics! Hope to see you back before the next ones :)

Vacaville, California, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Didjeridoo several times over the last few years. My family and I love the laid back atmosphere and the friendly vibes. There are several amazing coastal places close by to enjoy nature. It's always a real treat to get out of the city and be able to visit.

Room Tip: We love the front main floor room AKA the Purple Palace. Do not miss Charles's breakfast what ev...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks! See you again soon :)

Piedmont, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at Didjeridoo Inn- great breakfasts; helpful hosts who guided us to dog-friendly restaurants and hikes. RIght across street is the beach. Dog-Friendly. Would definitely stay there again.
Plus - got a didjeridoo performance by Miranda - excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Our location is Great for people and dogs. We luv dogs here. I have 2 Corgi's (Morgi and Comptche). Miranda is such a great Didj player! Thanks for having a good time :)