After a stressful fall I needed a place to relax for a few days, and the Didjeridoo in the heart of Mendocino village was just what I needed. The house is 130 years old and has a lot of charm.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were great (especially the yogurt, and the pecan & brown sugar bacon), and the location was fantastic--right across the street from the entrance to the beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. I parked when I got there and never needed the car till I left.
There's coffee and tea out all day as well, which was a nice treat.
There was a woodstove in the room (I was in the mini room) and firewood, but unfortunately it wasn't cold enough to make a fire--in the winter though that would be a treat.
Coffee & Tea
Flat pillows (I brought my own, which was good)
Noise from people walking around upstairs in the morning (it's an old house)
Windows didn't all work or have screens (but it's cool enough generally)
I will happily stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center