“my absolute favourite hotel”

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
Ranked #13 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Zug, Switzerland
“my absolute favourite hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This accommodation has just turned my absolute favourite hotel. Nice rooms, quiet, gorgeous breakfast, nice people, family atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fairness67
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I Luv hearing that!!!

@ Didjeridoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Joshua Tree, California
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I are packing for our 3rd visit to Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn. 1st visit for 5 days at "Alice's Restaurant Thanksgiving-2011". The Inn Keepers Charles and Mary have lived here 15 years and offer the only "Full On" Mendocino experience. Secluded gardens surround the 132 year old, immaculately restored Inn-the only property in town operated continuously as a boarding house/inn. Charles' amazing gourmet breakfasts are a gastronomical treat to start each day. Didjeridoo is such a special place that I am writing my 1st ever online review.

Room Tip: Room selection caters to all tastes. Ocean view rooms, lush garden rooms, quiet meditative rooms, up...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks! That was a great Thanksgiving! It's always nice having you two stay, love you both!

@ didjeridoo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were so excited to stay, we saw the pictures and thought it look nice, i was traveling with my mother-in-law ( who has a very bad back) when we got there we were sent to a room up in the "water tower" the stairs are old and the bed was so old it looked so dirty, we were so disgusted with the whole room. We were told the breakfast was so good, we were so dissapointed with breakfast too!! The cook was very very rude, I will never recommend this place to nobody ever! Please stay away, there is so many other B&B in mendocino!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Mariselaochoac
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I'm so sorry to read this. I explained to you that the room you booked was the only room left or of course we would have changed your room. When we booked the room with you we did describe it and the stairs. I would not suggest people who can't climb stairs to rent a room with stairs. As far as the rest of your review I think it's made up just because we couldn't switch you. Sorry.

at Didjeridoo
Seattle
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Not really sure how I felt about the Inn. Room 66 had interesting Arts and Crafts style furniture, but too much of it. The room was light and airy with 2 large windows and a sea view.The tv remote did not work with the tv in that room and the shower/ toilet room was the smallest I,ve ever been in. The intermittent water pipe noise, was very disturbing at night. Unfortunately no one I could speak to before we left.. A room to avoid. Until it is fixed. Breakfast, which was not served until 9.15, was okay but not spectacular. The guests were all in a rush to get on with their day,so it was rather chaotic.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Hi!
Eclectic is Who We Are! Sorry if you didn't like some of 66, lot's of people love that room. The art is done by Byron Randall who was the artist of the year or something in 1938, his wife was Emy Lou Packard (Diego Rivera's assistant at the 1940 Worlds Fair in S.F. and an incredible artist). They owned the house from 1960 till 1972 and it was filled with Bohemians, Hippies and artist. Lots of art and energy of artist in this house. We have tried to hear the pipe noise you wrote about but it's gone, maybe it was a fluke?? And yes the bathroom is kinda small but we have bigger ones in our bigger rooms with tubs and stuff. I don't know what i made the day you were here but if you just like dinner for breakfast type breakfast you wont get that here. I cook what I call Decadent Wholesome.....

Loving-Kindness to you
and sorry bout that darn TV remote, it needed Batteries!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had a great time staying at this wonderful inn. The abalone dinner on Sunday was fantastic as well as the 2 great breakfasts. Have never had bacon like that before. Yummy! Charles and Mary, the owners, were so friendly and nice and our room (#65) was great. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we are going that way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Awwwwww!!! Thank you!

Sebastopol, Ca
Reviewed April 11, 2012

What a great stay! Our room (72, the "three trees" room) was gorgeous, the bed was soft and comfortable, and the bathroom approached luxurious. The owners and staff were so friendly and personable, always ready to chat and offer assistance and advice on local attractions. Breakfasts were to die for, everyone went back for seconds and asked for the recipes! I'm usually very nervous about meeting new people, but something about the atmosphere at breakfast made meeting the other guests a treat. Easy access to the beach and village, and a great, relaxing spa right next door! I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kokiezoella
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
:) 72 is my favorite room. I bought the Three Trees pictures @ the thrift store in Mammoth Lakes, CA (one of the most beautiful Villages in California) about 12 years ago and always had them hanging in our livingroom. I love art and being able to share it with people Via this house is special.

Thanks for staying

Charles @ Didjeridoo
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2012

If you are looking for a home away from home with a "mi casa es su casa" vibe look no further! I loved the Didjeridoo! My room had a real working fire place that was set up for me each night, a bay window with chairs and a table for reading or working, a very comfortable bed, and a large claw foot tub/shower (I had my own bathroom in my room...I think every room has its own bathroom)! The house is clean and comfy with thought provoking art and books. It has an ideal location on Main st. so you can walk to all of the cool shops, art galleries, eateries, etc. in the town of Mendocino as well as the shoreline cliffs. The couple that owns the place is friendly and accommodating and Eileen was an excellent hostess and cook! She was always around making sure there was hot tea and coffee available (there was also some delicious kumbucha which I got kind of hooked on) and she was also a good source of information regarding the local shops and eateries. Breakfast (cooked fresh with local goodies) was made by Eileen and served family style in the main area. I loved this idea and it allowed me the opportunity to get to know other travelers who were also staying there. Eileen was very accommodating when she found out I was lactose intolerant and even made sure that the next morning's breakfast was better suited to my dietary needs (which she did without me asking, how sweet!) She made some amazing huevos rancheros, toppings on the side, a quinoa salad and fresh fruit! Yummy :) I would highly recommend the didjeridoo and I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs or the one with the outside entrance are probably quieter than the rooms down stairs...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank You! Our location is cool! I only get in my car when I'm going to Fort Bragg or the city (SF). We miss Eileen and all the great food she cooked while here. Thanks for the great review :)

Charles @ Didjeridoo