I would have to agree with gina h more than many of the other reviews. My wife and I arrived at the Inn around 3:00 and were greeted by a rather strong smell. I would say it was either a really bad pot of kombucha or more likely marijuana. The Inn itself was fine but you are really left to figure things out on your own. There is no literature in the rooms that list the perticulars of the Inn such breakfast time, if there are books or movies available, how to contact staff, what TV channels are available, etc. I am still at a loss to know what about this place had anything to do with a "Meditation Center".
Our room was clean and the bathroom looked like at had just recently been redone. This is truly an old Inn and there are some things that go along with staying in a place like that including relatively thin walls and drafty windows. This was fine although being on the first floor you could hear everything that was going on in the entry way and main room. Everything quieted down very early and we did get a very nice night's sleep. The smell of the "tea" was gone by 7:00 when my wife and I got back to the Inn. One other negative to our room was that there was not a lot of privacy offered from outside our window. There is a walkway directly outside and no privacy screens. The window dressings were impossible to get to cover the entire window. This led to looking at people as they walked right past within a foot of our bay window, looking right at our bed. Not too romantic.
Breakfast in the morning was a disappointment. The staff at the Inn was very nice and had smiles on thier faces. They really seemed like nice people that really wanted you to enjoy yourself while you were there. Since Charles seems to read all of these reviews I hope that he takes this in the most constructive way possible. Sitting around in random chairs and couches is a bit off putting. I have never been at an Inn or B&B that did not offer some choice at breakfast. We had the breakfast pizza. One was alright the other had enough salt on it to brine fish. There was no vegetarian option that I saw, no cereal, no milk, no fresh fruit. Perhaps these things came out after we left. We tried the breakfast but ended up eating in town.
Overall I would say my impression of this place it that it has potential but there needs to be a great deal of improvement to the professionalism shown by the staff. Again, this is not to take away from their warm, friendly personalities. This comment is more about delivering a comfortable experience for the customer. There are a lot of positive comments on this place. I think a lot of that comes down to the friendlyness of the staff. For me, the smell of what seemed like marijuana inside the Inn when we got there and the ad hoc nature of service was not what what I hope for in my vacation accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino