“Wonderful pastries, bread and service”
Review of Garden Bakery

Garden Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Mendocino
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We were so glad we found this bakery off the main road and bought various pastries, both sweet and savoury and all were wonderful, also, bought french bread and milk - young man serving gave us some butter as we couldn't find shop.

Service was friendly and food worth visting for.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Got a couple kind of dry cinnamon rolls and 3 mediocre day old croissants. $11. Jeesh. Kind of sad. Should be better for that price. Really.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

There is a lot of great food in Mendocino and the Garden is the best bakery by far. We visited twice and really enjoyed the blackberry and apple pastries. In addition to pastries there were cookies and croissants. The bakery also offers Mexican food- breakfast burritos and lunch and dinner items. We didn't try the Mexican food but it smelled wonderful. Family run! Beautiful garden area outside and tables!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

I discovered this little family bakery by default. All of the other places were packed as to be expected on a Saturday morning and I just wanted to pick up some pastries. The apple empanadas were amazing and I had something else with berries which was also phenomenal. For some reason, I am not sure if this little bakery is getting the respect and the customers that it deservers. Compared to the other bakeries (as a pastry lover, I tried several), people should be beating the door down. Hint Hint: ignore the lemmings standing in line for coffee and bake goods on the main streets and high tail to this mom and pop place for just good bake goods. It is not fancy inside but who cares, I would buy it from the side of a truck if the goods are good and at the Garden bakery, they will do your tummy proud.

1  Thank ArthurR1392
Reviewed October 2, 2016

I had a really good cookie: a very large oatmeal raisin one with some seeds or nuts on it. It was healthy, delicious, and delightful, and ran somewhere around $2.15.

A very nice hidden away bakery with a range of sweets, pastries, and Mexican lunch foods-- all very fresh and tempting to see and eat.

Nice people there, a happy family affair where everyone helps out with something. I was told Victor, one of the owners and bakers, gets there early at 4:30 am to start the baking activity for the day.

I loved it. It's not fancy, doesn't have a humongous variety of things, and it's a bit off the beaten track-- actually, down a little side garden path. But altogether I'd call this real food, by real people, and who really do care. It shows.

1  Thank MrDA1