“Wow! Outstanding Pastry...”
Review of Garden Bakery

Garden Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Mendocino
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

...and I am a pastry fanatic with favorites on 5 continents. This is a hole-in-the-wall type place that is easy to miss. As we walked the narrow lane toward it, we passed the bookstore lady who said, "this is where the locals go." After savoring my delectable peach Danish, I now know why. All other offerings looked equally tempting.

1  Thank marko18745

Reviewed January 16, 2016

I was in Mendocino for the morning and stopped by close to noon. Much of their pastries were gone and only one loaf of bread available. I decided to get a croissant to go. I started to hand over my debit card, and she asked me if I had cash. I admitted that was not carrying any cash with me. She did not say another word, but with a smile, put the croissant back in the glass case. I left. As I was walking out, I did not notice any signs on the door that states they only take cash. Oh well. I will not be back.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Not a great atmosphere or a good selection the morning we went in. Croissants were buttery but the texture was all wrong. I couldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

Amazing pastries!!! Good a snack while browsing around Mendocino. It is a little ways off one of the side streets by the Mendocino Hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Food was good and service efficient. Friends with Glutenfree needs were very pleased. Staff were very pleasnt and helpful.