Blackberry Inn
Hill House Inn(Mendocino)
$160
$130
Groupon.com
Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
$209
$365
Sea Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
$179
Travelocity
Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
$145
Priceline
Blue Door Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
$239
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$520
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswestern townbarber shopold westcookiesocean viewrocking chairswelcome basketboarding housefort braggfresh fruitpleasant place to stayminute drivecute placedowntown mendocinowood stovenice roomcomfortable bed
Reviewed July 13, 2015

You won't be disappointed if you stay here. Each rooms entrance is a theme--sheriff, barber, bank, etc. I loved the quaint feeling of all of the rooms. I stayed in the millinary room. It had a little walk out where we could sit and look at the ocean and just hang out. We loved every inch of the place! It's location is amazing--close to downtown Mendocino, Russian Gluch state park (amazing hike!), and Fort Bragg's downtown.

The guy checking us in was just amazing too! He baked fresh cookies for all his check in guests and they were amazing!

Don't miss out on this hotel experience. It'll be one of your best decisions ever! :)

Room Tip: The millinary has the only back area I could see, and there's a straight view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2015

Pros - A great overnight rate for a place so close to the town of Mendocino. Very quiet and didn't hear much from the neighbors, probably because of the solid wood panelling in the room. Room was bigger than a lot of the victorian rooms in town. Rooms have fireplaces supplied with wood and kindling. The wifi worked fine. Has a small TV, Microwave and fridge.

Not-so-pros - The place is definitely in need of some updating as its sort of a mishmash of 70's /country-ish decor. I get that's the theme of the place and it might be hard to remodel what are basically old vacations shacks, but well it is 2015.

Also no AT&T cell signal available when we were there.

When we arrived the room smelled strongly like wood smoke and we were tempted to ask for another room. The bathroom sink is actually located in the room, outside the bathroom, which means you wake people up washing your hands or brushing your teeth.
The carpets do need to be replaced.

If price is your objective and you won't be spending any time in the room then its probably fine.

Room Tip: Walk through the room before you sign up for it if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank californiatripper86
Reviewed July 3, 2015

The title says it all. We love the quiet location, the wildlife around, the view of the ocean, the proximity to Mendocino and Fort Bragg. The rooms are charming--we've stayed in the Millinery and
the Bank. There are rooms for familes too. The owners are
thoughtful and kind; the rooms are clean. We will be back for sure!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank since1985together
Reviewed June 28, 2015

This is a delightful inn, lovingly taken care of by the owners. Each room is unique; nice views.

Many personal touches, including microwave popcorn alongside the usual coffee & tea, and a card table and extra chair in the closet for dining, work, or games.

Grounds are gorgeous. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I found the Blackberry Inn to be an absolutely charming spot to stay while visiting the Mendocino area. I booked The Schoolhouse room for one night as a midway stop on my way up the coast to Eureka. I was looking for somewhere quiet and the rate fit my budget. I was greeted very warmly by the manager Sheila and was pleasantly surprised by my room. It was large, sunny and at the far end of the property. I am a very light sleeper, so this looked ideal. The room was spotless and had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There were cookies and pound cake which I learned had been made by one of the owners (now in their 90's), which I thought was such a lovely touch. Since I was on a budget trip, I was able to pick up a couple of items from the grocery store (a two minute drive) and heat them up in the microwave. I slept like a log and was on my merry way the following morning. On my return trip back to San Jose a few days later, I had not planned where I would stay en route, but because my experience at The Blackberry Inn was so wonderful, I decided to call them and request the same room. Luckily it was available and I was able to once again enjoy the quiet and handy amenities. The Blackberry Inn is a very unique establishment and each room has a specific theme. As I initially drove into the property, it looked like an old western town. Flowers outside my room attracted hummingbirds and there was a little table to sit at and enjoy the peaceful environment. I found management to be truly friendly and helpful. I even got to see Sheila's sweet rescued pet parrot! All in all, great value and somewhere I would stay again without hesitation!

Room Tip: The Schoolhouse room is spacious and at the very end of the property. No view, but lovely and quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo