Blackberry Inn
Agate Cove Inn(Mendocino)
Blue Door Inn(Mendocino)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewswestern townbarber shopold westcookiesocean viewrocking chairswelcome basketboarding housefort braggfresh fruitpleasant place to stayminute drivecute placedowntown mendocinowood stovenice roomcomfortable bed
Reviewed July 3, 2015

Pros - A great overnight rate for a place so close to the town of Mendocino. Very quiet and didn't hear much from the neighbors, probably because of the solid wood panelling in the room. Room was bigger than a lot of the victorian rooms in town. Rooms have fireplaces supplied with wood and kindling. The wifi worked fine. Has a small TV, Microwave and fridge.

Not-so-pros - The place is definitely in need of some updating as its sort of a mishmash of 70's /country-ish decor. I get that's the theme of the place and it might be hard to remodel what are basically old vacations shacks, but well it is 2015.

Also no AT&T cell signal available when we were there.

When we arrived the room smelled strongly like wood smoke and we were tempted to ask for another room. The bathroom sink is actually located in the room, outside the bathroom, which means you wake people up washing your hands or brushing your teeth.
The carpets do need to be replaced.

If price is your objective and you won't be spending any time in the room then its probably fine.

Room Tip: Walk through the room before you sign up for it if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank californiatripper86
Reviewed July 3, 2015

The title says it all. We love the quiet location, the wildlife around, the view of the ocean, the proximity to Mendocino and Fort Bragg. The rooms are charming--we've stayed in the Millinery and
the Bank. There are rooms for familes too. The owners are
thoughtful and kind; the rooms are clean. We will be back for sure!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank since1985together
Reviewed June 28, 2015

This is a delightful inn, lovingly taken care of by the owners. Each room is unique; nice views.

Many personal touches, including microwave popcorn alongside the usual coffee & tea, and a card table and extra chair in the closet for dining, work, or games.

Grounds are gorgeous. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I found the Blackberry Inn to be an absolutely charming spot to stay while visiting the Mendocino area. I booked The Schoolhouse room for one night as a midway stop on my way up the coast to Eureka. I was looking for somewhere quiet and the rate fit my budget. I was greeted very warmly by the manager Sheila and was pleasantly surprised by my room. It was large, sunny and at the far end of the property. I am a very light sleeper, so this looked ideal. The room was spotless and had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There were cookies and pound cake which I learned had been made by one of the owners (now in their 90's), which I thought was such a lovely touch. Since I was on a budget trip, I was able to pick up a couple of items from the grocery store (a two minute drive) and heat them up in the microwave. I slept like a log and was on my merry way the following morning. On my return trip back to San Jose a few days later, I had not planned where I would stay en route, but because my experience at The Blackberry Inn was so wonderful, I decided to call them and request the same room. Luckily it was available and I was able to once again enjoy the quiet and handy amenities. The Blackberry Inn is a very unique establishment and each room has a specific theme. As I initially drove into the property, it looked like an old western town. Flowers outside my room attracted hummingbirds and there was a little table to sit at and enjoy the peaceful environment. I found management to be truly friendly and helpful. I even got to see Sheila's sweet rescued pet parrot! All in all, great value and somewhere I would stay again without hesitation!

Room Tip: The Schoolhouse room is spacious and at the very end of the property. No view, but lovely and quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2015

We decided to head up to Mendocino for a three day weekend with the family. We found the Blackberry Inn online so didn't know much about it but it looked good to us. When we arrived, my kids ranging in age from 8-14 were super excited with how the place looked. It feels like you are going back in time to the old west. When we checked in, the manager gave us homeade cookies that were to die for!! Best cookies ever!! It was a very nice touch after a long drive. We stayed in the Barbershop room which had enough room for a rollaway bed which is great for a family of 5. Very clean room with views of the ocean. Also it was nice and quiet during the night for a good nights sleep. The location of the Inn was also perfect to get to all the national parks and very close to Ft. Bragg as well. All in all, we would stay at this place again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family