“Lovely B&B, relaxed atmosphere”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Mendocino Farmhouse
Ranked #18 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely B&B, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in the Cedar room and have a lovely time. Our room and the lawn reserved for its guests were clean and tranquil. Breakfasts were delicious and generous (without being excessive or heavy). The Farmhouse is just a two or three minute drive from the coast and, to my mind, much more relaxing than larger and more expensive inns with an "ocean view," which too often means a clear view of Highway 1 and trees with a hint of water near the horizon.

Regarding booking and administrative matters, Margie was easy to work with, confirmed everything by email, and was flexible about our arrival time, despite it being somewhat late.

We look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed ourselves very much. The innkeeper was very professional, yet warm. The breakfasts were delicious and made from her own farm eggs and home made jams. We stayed in John's room, which is the largest room, and enjoyed the extra space. However, the very large bathroom is across the hall from the bedroom. This didn't pose a problem since we were the only ones in the main house. This may be a concern during the busy season. We had fresh towels and wash clothes very day instead of the usual once every 3 days at other places. The grounds were very pretty and quiet. No phones, no TV, no noise. We would return here and would recommend this B&B to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Living Social promotion and enjoyed every minute of it. The innkeeper was very gracious and welcoming. Her two granddaughters were staying with her for the summer and they were just as helpful cleaning up the breakfast tables (as well as underneath the table). We stayed in the downstairs room with a private door that led to the huge redwood trees. The room was very comfortable and quaint. It was a warm morning in which we had breakfast served on the beautiful outdoor deck. The deck overlooked the peaceful trees. As part of our Living Social deal, the innkeeper packed us a lunch before we headed off to explore the rest of this wonderful town. We were there in the summer and we hope to return during the fall/winter months for a different feel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I concur about previous posts regarding the owner inhospitality. I booked 3 nights for my children and I on a long (35 day trip) online. It had defaulted to the month of May on the website instead of June. I didn't catch it. The owner called when we obviously did not show up FOR BREAKFAST after not staying there the night before because it was a month early. I explained something must have happened with the reservation, because our reservations were suppose to be a month later in June. She had the June dates open, but refused to refund the one night (over $200) even though we were coming for 3 nights in June (and two rooms). So I told her politely to keep the 200, but she subsequently lost 3 nights in June for my children and I which went to a competitor. STUPID BUSINESS MOVE,.. but she could not grasp that idea on the phone and insisted on making me pay, eventhough she had availability and the chance to book us for June. Very unpleasant and unbending. I'd never stay there now.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank snommis416
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I bought the living social deal for one night but after having difficulty trying to book just one night we decided on two. The home was beautiful. Our room was on the bottom floor; big comfy bed, private bathroom and our own private balcony looking out into the forest. The downside was the food and the unwelcoming In-Keeper. The food was okay but not comparable to other B&B's we have been to. Also, the fact that we weren't told the syrup for our pancakes was orange flavored didn't make for a great breakfast (needless to say I didn't eat). We were given a kid size glass of orange juice and wasn't offered anymore. I would have asked for more but felt it would have annoyed the In-keeper. Breakfast the second day was just as mediocre. From our room, we could hear the in-keeper openly laughing and talking with other guests but when it came to my husband and me there was no laughter- she never even made eye contact with me. Mainly she spoke to my (white) husband and made every effort not to acknowledge me. The dog Sage was a lot friendlier. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I definitely felt like a "colored" outsider.
We do not plan on returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank M K
sacramento, california
Reviewed January 12, 2012

this is a beautiful home, B&B. the proprietor was very nice, i purchased a one night room on living social or groupon and when I went to book she asked me if i would like another night or more for the same price, she told me it was so far to come for just one night. she made excellent home made breaksfasts and also packed us a box lunch. The farmhouse property is beautiful, and has a pond, but unfortunately you need to drive to see the ocean or bay

Room Tip: my room didn't have a fireplace but some did, we were the only couple at the time, it would have...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teresalynn1953
San Carlos, California
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We found out about Mendocino Farmhouse by purchasing a Living Social deal. It was a fantastic deal, included the room for 2 adults, bottle of wine, breakfast, and bag lunch for $95 plus tax! Can't beat that. The Farmhouse is just a few minutes from downtown Mendocino but seems like worlds away. You drive up a dirt driveway to the beautiful old farmhouse. Margie, the innkeeper, greeted us immediately along with her dogs. Our room was simple but lovely, with private bathroom. The bed was amazingly comfortable! We slept very well since it was so quiet, some city folks might be creeped out on how quiet it is. Breafkast consisted of eggs, juice, morning roll, fruit and delicious coffee. I would highly recommend the Farmhouse for a nice romantic weekend (or night) away.

Room Tip: Romantic retreat, not for kids
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sguc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendocino
Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites
Sea Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hill House Inn
Hill House Inn
#15 of 25 in Mendocino

Been to Mendocino Farmhouse? Share your experiences!