“Nice quiet get-away.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Mendocino Farmhouse
Ranked #18 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This B&B is located in the redwood forest and is very peaceful. Large grounds and nice gardens. It is about 2 miles from downtown Mendocino, but we did not find that to be a problem. Cordial host. Gourmet breakfasts. Nice patio for breakfast if the weather is nice. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 61bruins61

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I feel bad that it's taken me so long to write a review. Firstly, I HAVE to mention the quality of the breakfast. Most BnB's have questionable cheese, some toast, jam and if your lucky, eggs. THIS breakfast was fabulous. I mentioned I prefered gluten free food, and we had orange pancakes with bacon, home made syrup and crispy bacon. They also packed as the cutest picnic for lunch.
Now for the location - it's gorgeous. Secluded, quiet and peaceful, the little cottage we stayed in felt like our own oasis. We were greeted by a little fawn when we arrived, that scampered into the redwoods. The farmhouse is set in lovely rambling gardens, and our cottage had it's own fenced garden (to keep the deer from eating the roses, our host told us) complete with chairs to sit and read in, and a sundial.
We lazed in front of a crackling wood fire in our cottage...we lounged about and read in the garden, and sat on the deck in the sunshine and enjoyed our breakfast. The farm dogs are adorable, and the hosts friendly but left us to our own devices, which was exactly what we wanted.
LOVELY!

Room Tip: Get the cottages for privacy and the most peaceful sleep ever - its sooo quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandy_baby2
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Another disappointing LivingSocial experience. Bad food, REALLY bad service, and overall horrible experience. The lady that runs the place is not warm, not welcoming and really needs a personality makeover. If you bought the LivingSocial deal, my advice is to give it to someone who deserves some wasted time. The food, like many other posters mentioned, was really terrible and not innovative and you can get better at any of the amazing b&bs in the area. This is a great concept for a place and would have been okay, even with the food, if the inn keeper was a little more friendly and even tried to pretend she likes people. I hope she can take the feedback and make use of it - make necessary changes (like be more warm and welcoming to guests, provide hot, delicious food, treat each guest like someone you care about- clean fresh towels, attention to detail, etc) and thrive in her industry because this place really has potential!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Red4444
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here over the July 4th weekend. It turned out to be everything (and more) the reviews promised - quiet, away from the madding crowds, scenic setting with warm hospitality.

Margie and her staff made us feel right at home in her charming house in the woods. Contrary to a few negative reviews I read before our trip, Margie is an affable and warm person. My wife and I talked a lot with her one evening as the three of us were sitting by the pond playing with her cute labradors. She offered excellent tips for dining and hiking in nearby parks. We enjoyed her picnic lunch on one of those hikes.

The Farmhouse is rustic yet elegant and charming with gorgeous landscaping around it. You can spend hours reading or doing nothing by the pond and meadow. The bedroom itself is well furnished with a claw-leg tub in the bathroom.

Highly recommend the Farmhouse for a truly rejuvenating stay, I know we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Jim's room, best view in the house. Overlooks the pond and meadow, well lighted
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tapan J
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My wife and I purchased a Living Social offer for the Mendocino Farmhouse which was a nice but somewhat unwelcoming place. I thought the room was generally nice - specifically that it seemed "lived in" - lots of books and knick knacks around our room which was a nice detail. But, our bathroom was detached from our bedroom, which is something we haven't seen on the rest of our trip, and kind of made our honeymoon a little awkward.

The innkeeper seemed like she resented that we were there - maybe it was just because we were there for only one night (that was the Living Social deal, and we had to make our way to another inn for the next day), which just kind of put a downer on the experience. That said, she did provide us with an excellent picnic lunch (which was part of the Living Social promotion).

It seems like there's a lot of competition in Mendocino proper, and this location is very out of the way. If you want quiet, you'll definitely get it here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robandmerry
kitchencook, Owner at Mendocino Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

I'm happy that so many new people are discovering the Mendocino Farmhouse through my deal on LivingSocial. Many of them have chosen to add a second and third night at my regular rate which is always been an option. I also have offered a second night at the same price to many at the same rate during the week.
When guests call and book my largest room upstairs I always tell them that the bath is across from their room but private to them. After all these years it is a given that I inform people of that since that is important to some.
I have been most grateful for all the new people who have discovered the Farmhouse through this site and look forward to meeting more.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed two days at the Mendocino Farmhouse and had a wonderful time. We stayed in John's room which is quite spacious and has a lovely fireplace. The king bed was very comfortable and we slept great. The farmhouse is in a beautiful setting in the middle of the forest with a pond and grassy area where we saw deer grazing. Margie, our hostess, was very nice and the breakfasts she prepared for us were delicious. Each morning we ate our breakfast in her small sunroom which overlooks the front of the property. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful bed and breakfast without TV (we played games and read) in a really beautiful setting then I know your will like this place. The B & B is just a few minutes drive to the lovely and quaint town of Mendocino which has not only a gorgeous coastline, but museums and galleries and beautiful old homes, and where we found out that "Murder She Wrote" and many other movies were filmed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SDV07
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at the Mendocino Farmhouse. We had a lovely experience! The property is tucked away in a quiet woodsy atmosphere, just outside of town. It is peaceful and well kept. The Innkeeper, Margie, was very accommodating and helpful. She suggested a few nice restaurants in the area and an array of activities for us to do during the day. We went on a lovely hike in the Russian River State Park and took a bike ride down by the Cabrillo Lighthouse.

Our room was very cozy and clean! The towels, coffee, tea and fire-log where replaced each day. Breakfast was delicious and served as soon as we stepped into the dining room. The bed was comfortable, and the room was well decorated. Overall we were very impressed and would return again!

Thanks Margie