We decided to make Mendocino the North end of our trip from San Francisco driving up the pacific coast highway. We're definitely glad we did. Plan most of the day for a liesurely drive. We stopped and toured Muir Woods and stopped at one of the small town general stores along the way for a late lunch. Other than that we stayed on the go for most of the trip. The beautiful views and diverse landscape of this coastal drive are well worth it. When you reach Mendocino it's like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This small coastal victorian town is like stepping into an alternate universe, a quiet, peaceful, universe with breathtaking views.
We decided on the Headlands Inn as the place to stay for our one night before heading inland the next day toward Sonoma. We're very glad we did. We were met by the inn keeper who gave us a quick tour and suggestions for dinner. After unloading our bags we settled into the Wilson room and relaxed with a few sips of Sherry and some cookies. We walked up the street a couple of blocks to the pub for dinner. The food was very good and a couple of Kilt Lifter brews is just what we needed to wash it down with.
After a brief stroll around town back at the inn we found the fireplace with it's prepared wood and starting material to be the perfect addition for a romantic evening. The bed was very comfortable and leaving the bathroom window open a couple inches let in the wonderful evening air and aroma of the flowers all around the property. After a deep nights sleep (we sure didn't experience any ghosts), I was up for a walk along the headlands just a block in front of the inn. After the morning walk breakfast was delivered to the room right on schedule. The breakfast was delicious and with a small snack mid-day was enough to get us to dinner.
If we ever make it to Mendocino again we won't even think about staying anywhere else, other than maybe trying a different room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Headlands Inn is a distinctive Bed and Breakfast in the heart of picturesque, coastal Mendocino village. Casual elegance awaits you at this historic New England-style Victorian saltbox, where personalized service, charming accommodations, and tantalizing breakfasts ensure a perfect getaway! Ideally located, the Inn is only a short stroll to Mendocino's wonderful shops, galleries, restaurants, and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Come to relax, to reconnect, to celebrate -- Come and fall in love with Mendocino, and the Headlands Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlands Hotel Mendocino
- Headlands Inn Bed And Breakfast