We have stayed at Headlands Inn several times over the last 30 years. We honeymooned there, and our most recent trip to Mendocino to celebrate our anniversary confirmed Headlands Inn as our favorite bed and breakfast.
Every morning we looked forward to waking to coffee just outside our door, with a wonderful breakfast arriving soon after. Whether it was their fabulous french toast and sausage, their artichoke frittata, or their fresh fruit presentation, Mitch and Denise got our day off to a great start. And then there's the fresh-baked cookies at 4PM.
Our favorite room is the John Barry room, with two views of the ocean and town. But we have stayed in other rooms as well as in the separate cottage, and they are all cozy, beautifully decorated and comfortable. The individual fireplaces in most rooms are another nice touch on a cool evening.
I can't imagine a better place to stay in Mendocino, or better hosts than Denise and Mitch. We will return as often as we are able.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Headlands Inn is a distinctive Bed and Breakfast in the heart of picturesque, coastal Mendocino village. Casual elegance awaits you at this historic New England-style Victorian saltbox, where personalized service, charming accommodations, and tantalizing breakfasts ensure a perfect getaway! Ideally located, the Inn is only a short stroll to Mendocino's wonderful shops, galleries, restaurants, and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Come to relax, to reconnect, to celebrate -- Come and fall in love with Mendocino, and the Headlands Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlands Hotel Mendocino
- Headlands Inn Bed And Breakfast