“Perfect stay, delicious in-room breakfast!”

Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Perfect stay, delicious in-room breakfast!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a perfect stay at the Headlands Inn b&b in Mendocino (unfortunately just 1 night). The inn is very very nice, accurately restored in an English-style manner. The owners are very kind and attentive. We enjoyed a superb breakfast served in room, which was very pleasant since the room we were in has a table just in front of the window looking to the beautiful garden. Everything was so delicious that we finished it all even if there were lots of things to eat (a sweet cream with muesli and fruits; a soufflé and different muffins).
Everything was perfect, I wish I could have staid one more day!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I chose Headlands based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the John Barry room for two nights and enjoyed the in-room fireplace during a cool, foggy period. The adorable village of Mendocino is fun to walk around and there is so much to do in the surrounding area. We hiked the Fern Canyon to the Pygmee Forest (about 8 miles RT); beautiful forest and such solitude. The first morning our breakfast consisted of a peach-stuffed french toast, sausage, juice, and coffee. It was delicious! Second morning was a artichoke omelet with a side of fruit. You will not go hungry. They offer tea with cookies in the afternoon as well. When we checked out, I accidentally left all my clothes hanging in the closet. Before we had even reached our next destination, I had a call from Kelly saying they would put my items in the mail (at no cost to me). I received everything today, which prompted me to write this very positive review of this delightful B &B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovnCO61
Anywhere
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Headlands Inn has been a wonderful getaway for my husband and me on the weekends that we spend in Mendocino.
We stay in Casper's Cottage, which is completely removed from the main house, but connected by either a walkway through, or just walking around the cottage to reach the front door. This gives a lot of privacy, which is great for romantic vacations. The cottage has a lovely four-poster bed, a fireplace that always has plenty of wood for a warm crackling fire each night. There is a couch that is very comfortable for reading in front of the fire or relaxing with a movie. The bathroom is large with a shower-tub that is a perfect size, plus it has jets! :) Big plus after being out in the cold weather in early spring.
The hospitality of the innkeepers is exceptional. When you check in, they are very detailed. My husband is vegetarian and very allergic to nuts. The innkeeper verified that she had the information correct, which was very nice.
Breakfast is delivered to the cottage. I'm not sure about the other rooms. YUMMY!!! There is an egg dish that is served with a sliced tomato and roasted sunflower seeds with breadcrumbs and seasonings on top, and that is our favorite breakfast. We have also had peach blueberry french toast that is scrumptious. Fresh-baked muffins and pastries accompany breakfast. We also had tea and cookies delivered to our cottage every evening. What a welcome treat before going out to dinner!
I cannot recommend this B&B enough! Headlands Inn is hands-down the best retreat in Mendocino!

Room Tip: The casper cottage, while more expensive than the other rooms, is a great room!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber747
Northern California
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am writing this in behalf of my daughter and her new husband. They had two days after their wedding for a quick get-a-way and when she suggested Mendocino to me, I thought, PERFECT! I went on Tripadvisor, as I often do, for suggestions and when I read the reviews and looked at the photos (especially of the breakfasts!), I thought...BINGO!

From my first conversation with the really wonderful woman who answered the phone (I am so sorry, I forgot your name!!...I want to say Renee...Is that right?), to their actually two blissful days, it was PERFECT! They came home with great tales of fabulous food, great room, wonderful service and perfect weather. What a relaxing couple days they had. Now I am excited about going there myself, with my husband. Thank you so much from a happy Mom!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seeksocean
Southern California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well, they outdo themselves here! Flowers in the entry, guest rooms, granola & fruit bowls! We had a room with a fireplace & the back deck. We enjoyed our breakfast outside the second morning, which was a treat! Bathroom is tiny, but otherwise no complaints! Friendly service & DELICIOUS breakfasts! Ask for the recipes!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank auntgretchen
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great location, hospitality, & breakfast. We stayed in the cottage. Spatious modern bathroom, working fireplace in the living room, feathertop mattress, private entrance, could not have asked for more.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank eyewell
Clovis
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great place to stay! It was such a relaxing stay with wonderful food and service! The owners were so helpful and friendly and there are many added touches that make the experience unique and special. It is a great place for a relaxing get-a-way and was fun to hike and stroll through town.

Room Tip: Next time we will ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple