“A tasty breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raven's Restaurant

Raven's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Raven's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Mendocino
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“A tasty breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed overnight but, being carnivores, went to Cafe Beaujolais in town for dinner. That left breakfast for my encounter with the intimidating idea of vegan food -- and the surprisingly pleasant experience. Between us we had the Ravens Potatoes, flavorful and full of veggies of different sorts, and the Santa Fe Burrito, which managed to be delicious despite any of my usual breakfast staples. And the coffee was good. Kudos to them for making a principled approach to food also accessible and tasty. The atmosphere, by the way, is relaxed and rustic (and dogs get to come into the dining room, which we like); and the service, while relaxed and friendly, is very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Cambridge, MA
“No options for non-vegans”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I respect the owners' reasons for not offering other options, but for this non-vegan, the food was absolutely not worth the prices being charged.

Denver
“Nice Presentation but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Bottom line, we are not interested in vegan cuisine. But we were willing to give it a try, especially since our dog could dine with us and breakfast was included with our room. For dinner my husband and I split the spicy sushi rolls (which were good). I had stir fried veggies--tasted like them poured straight soy sauce over the veggies (broccoli and mushrooms, I hate mushrooms, ) and my husband had tamales which he thought quite bland and overpriced. With only 1 wine, our bill with tip was over $75!! For breakfast my husband had the french toast 2 mornings which he really enjoyed and I had a fruit plate (really great selection of fresh fruit) The presentation of the food is beautiful but the food did not please our palate. We often have meatless meals but never supplement the protein with tofu (not good for my thyroid condition) or tempeh. Just not for us.

Sacramento, California
“Raving for Ravens!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

World class vegan dining! We were delighted with our entire experience, from the moment we walked into the warm, friendly ambiance until we left with our tummies pleasingly full. The menu was very complete with fascinating choices on small plates and large plates. We spent quite awhile just considering our options, but settled on two: House-made ravioli with pomegranate reduction and seeds, served with braised kale and a yummy local sea palm, onion and carrot stuffed phillo dough, served with spicy mustard/wasabi sauce. ($25 & $26) Beautifully presented and indescribably delicious. We shared a banana split for dessert,($13.50) with 3 flavors vegan ice creme. WONDERFUL dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Hard to find great vegan food next to my Farmers Market at home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very tasty vegan food. Not a vegan but I like to eat that way. They are a little formal in the service but very nice. Would recommend for grazing the menu.