“Fabulous Dinner, tonight!”
Review of Raven's Restaurant

Raven's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Raven's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Mendocino
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Mendocino, California
“Fabulous Dinner, tonight!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'm local but hadn't been to the Raven's Restaurant in the Stanford Inn in a long time. I'm sure glad we gave it a try. I'm not a vegetarian even, but this vegan restaurant was fabulous. I'm not even sure what it was that we had, something like Sea Palm strudel for appetizer, a beet salad and a marinated mushroom salad, an Indian polenta dish with the best corriander sauce ever, and butternut squash ravioli. All was incredibly wonderful. And for desert, I had the banana split and sampled my husband's chocolate torte. Awesome. This is a lovely, quiet and mellow restaurant atmosphere. Very relaxing and romantic if you want it to be. Great, unassuming service. If you have a dog with you, you can have dinner in the lobby with your pet. There were at least 6 dogs out there sleeping under their owner's dinner tables.

• Visited December 2012

Fort Bragg, California, United States
“You think you don't like Vegan”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Then you have not tried The Ravens. I am most certainly not even a vegetarian, but I love food. I have been here just 4 times in the past 6 years because vegan definitely leaves me wanting, but I am never disappointed when I go here. Breakfast is slightly better than dinner.

Visited April 2012
California
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We chose the restaurant for our anniversary weekend to Mendocino and because it was a different type of restaurant. It is a vegan restaurant which turn out ok, but are meal were just ok. I picked it because the reviews on Tripadvisor were extremely good. When I called to make the reservation I mentioned it was our anniversary, but no one at the restaurant made a mention of it. My wives raviolis were good, but the tamales were very bland. The atmosphere was nice, but we wound not go back. The restaurant we ate at the second night was much better and they did acknowledge our anniversary which was nice.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Budsreview
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Fabulous Vegan Creations”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The creative menu would leave you thinking it cannot possibly be vegan. Very enjoyable, but not inexpensive.

Visited November 2012
Sacramento
“Too expensive and not enough food!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had “Pizetta hand tossed thin crust with seasonal toppings and dos bilogico-mushrooms, chili, carmellized onion, cabbage, pepitas” (we didn’t see or taste any pepitas). Way too expensive, way too small of a portion. Great flavor! Slow unfriendly service. Lovely place.

• Visited May 2012