We stayed in a double queen room over this pas weekend. The hotel is nice for what it is, and for us we wanted a place with a pool for the kids and an internet connection for us to to work. The pool is fine, but the internet connection was useless. Very hard to log on to the network, we got kicked off constantly and it was slow when working. Front desk said they'd been having trouble with the connection for Apple products and gave us a $10 per night refund without even being asked.
The lobby in the hotel is very nice and a decent place to sit and read or work. Breakfast was fine, kind of what you expect but not as good as the Hampton in Valley West. Location is OK. Right next to the airport and no noise from the planes (prop planes only) with incredibly easy access to the freeway, and food close by in McKinleyville.
Rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Beds were good. We slept pretty well and other than the internet issues would have stayed. As it was we left early and moved to another hotel. Not having consistent access is a non-starter for us as we work online when we travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy yourself in the modern conveniences of Northern California's newest Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, a 100% non-smoking hotel. Venture through misty ancient redwood groves or stroll along unspoiled sandy beaches with spectacular views of the Pacific and its rugged coastline, all within minutes of the hotel lobby. The Inn's mission style architecture and country setting reflect the natural beauty of the north coast environment. The hotel is located just minutes from Humboldt State University in Arcata. Old Town Eureka is an easy 20 minute drive south and the charming town of Trinidad and Patrick's Point State Park are just 10 minutes to the north. We are also the closest hotel to Cher-ae-Heights Casino. The hotel offers everything the business or leisure traveler needs for a comfortable visit, with 84 rooms plus meeting space for groups up to 60. *Indoor pool, whirlpool spa and exercise room*Generous size rooms and wet bar suites*Free deluxe Continental breakfast*Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access (all rooms)*Business center with two work stations*phone/data port access/voice mail*Guest laundry*Free airport shuttle*Restaurants and charming downtown area within minutes*Beau Pre public golf course 1/2 mile away*Bike rentals available onsite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Arcata/Eureka Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites - Mckinleyville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Mckinleyville Hotel Mckinleyville
- Holiday Inn Express Mckinleyville
- Holiday Inn Mckinleyville
- Mckinleyville Holiday Inn