“Very quiet and comfortable inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of McCloud River Inn

McCloud River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 McCloud B&B and Inns
“Very quiet and comfortable inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was our first B&B stay and we loved it. The "waterfalls" room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Dinner choices are limited in the town, so we ended up having dinner at Mt Shasta.

Room Tip: We stayed for a couple of nights in the "Waterfalls" room and the room was grand and quiet...
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very nice B&B. Our room was very clean and large enough to allow us to spread out a bit. The bathroom and shower area were were also spacious. The bed was also very comfortable and the "Comfy" sheets were a real treat. Breakfasts were excellent and not so large that we felt uncomfortable first thing in the morning. Barbara, the owner, could not do enough to make our visit enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

6/30/2013
A big 'Thumbs Up' for McCloud River Inn B & B! Here's what's in store for you: charming historical inn with high ceilings and beautiful decor and appointments, (we were in the upstairs jacuzzi room which is beautiful and spacious with a comfortable searing area) cloud soft bedding and linens (I really did not want to leave my bed!), very good breakfasts (wheat pancakes, broccoli quiche, fresh fruit) served in a lovely dining room, extremely friendly, caring and attentive service (Ursula, you're just terrific, what more can I say?), and if all that were not enough, the abundant homemade chocolate chip cookies sent us over the edge!! I'm tellin' ya, the best ones I have ever had in my whole life. And I'm not even much of a cookie fan! For the outdoors folks like us, the river/water falls hike very near by, and the amazing bike ride down to Lake McCloud right out from the inn, with outstanding Mt. Shasta views, is another great plus! Yes, a very special place indeed. We can't wait to return. Thank you for a wonderful experience! (I'm still wanting that bed!). In parting, I would like to make a minor suggestion to hold off serving the breakfast entree until the first course is consumed. This could be a personal preference I realize, as I like to thoroughly enjoy my first course and coffee before the main course. My delicious pancakes and sausage got a bit cold before I could finish my wonderful fruit and yogurt. Lastly, we had a fabulous al fresco dinner at the McCloud Hotel about a block away. I highly recommend! Fine dining with a good sized wine selection.

I wanted to stay another two nights at this terrific spot!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room was lovely, spacious, quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MRI96057, Owner at McCloud River Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for your suggestion regarding breakfast. Ursula does usually wait until the first course is finished before serving the main breakfast so I'm not sure what happened. We'll ensure we do this in the future. Thanks again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We made a reservation here because we knew that we'd be driving near McCloud on our way to Oregon. The bed and breakfast was lovely. The town of McCloud doesn't have much going on, so we ate dinner in the nearby town of Mt. Shasta. The breakfast was delicious at McCloud River Inn. Ursula asks about dietary restrictions, so it makes it easier for guests to enjoy the delicious breakfast that they serve. Our room was very large and spacious, with plenty of room for me, my husband, and the kids. Even the bathroom in our suite was a nice size. The sheets were super soft and i got a great night's sleep. We were very happy the next morning when we were able to see all of Mt.Shasta (and Shastina on the way out of town), because the clouds blew over. Ursula and her husband do a great job! We enjoyed our night in this tiny northern California town.

Room Tip: Mother McCloud room is great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MRI96057, Owner at McCloud River Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond with your feedback on your stay at our inn. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Jan Rutter De Vilbiss
Owner
Sonoma County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Conveniently situated 10 miles off of I-5 near Mt Shasta, this Inn boasts all the Victorian features of the lumber company headquarters which was its function until the 1980's.

Now the rooms are grandly furnished and we stayed in the Presidents Room with canopied King bed and a bathroom which was as big as a station ticket-hall! Absolute quiet as the township is by-passed these days.

Dining choices are limited locally - however the White Pine Cafe was a short walk and perfectly adequate.

Breakfast was somewhat limited in its scope but perhaps on account of the long drive into Redding for most supplies.

Nearby there are many outdoor activities and a ski slope on the mountain, so this could be an ideal winter short break.

Room Tip: The Presidents room on the first floor is grand and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MRI96057, Owner at McCloud River Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond with your feedback on your stay at our inn. I apologize that breakfast wasn't up to our normal standards. Please let me know if you stay at our inn again, and we will provide a complimentary bottle of wine or sparkling cider to help make up for the breakfast.

We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Jan Rutter De Vilbiss
Owner
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight in the President's Map Room on a road trip from WA to CA late Dec. 2012. I loved the big bathroom and the clawfoot tub and the sheets were incredibly comfortable. We had a little difficulty adjusting the heater but managed to get it working. Breakfast was amazing and I managed to get a second helping of the egg dish they were serving since they didn't have many guests. The whole town was covered in several feet of snow this time of year which made driving at night impossible so we walked over to the little cafe in the Mercantile building (which closes at 4 pm). The prices were reasonable and the food was fresh and natural. I ordered some quiche which was delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend purchased a Living Social at the McCloud River Inn in McCloud River Inn and had a WONDERFUL time! The Mt. Shasta area is so beautiful, lush, green, and spectatular!!!!! The staff at the Inn were so nice, accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The food wqas really good and unique! We visited some waterfalls and it was really worth the hike!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCloud
McCloud Mercantile Hotel
#6 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Oak Tree Inn Dunsmuir
Oak Tree Inn Dunsmuir
#6 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to McCloud River Inn? Share your experiences!